28 Gallon JBJ LED Build

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
so i just purchased the jbj 28 gallon led setup with wavemaker and stand and it should be here in about a week or so. god i hope the significant other does not find out for a few days or at least until it gets here and i can surprise her. TBaquatics is having a sale on them for 599.00

spstimie

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
TB aquatics? Great name since TB is transmittable from fish to humans.

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ugghh i hate ups

well my new tank arrived yesterday via UPS and of course there was an issue. THANK GOD FOR INSURANCE. The lid to the cube was broken off and the trim around the edges had several cracks in it. i am in the process of getting it replaced although i think it would still hold water it is just the fact that when a company sees that it is a large glass item you would think they would be a little precautions.

getting excited

the anticipation grows

realized the tank was hurting stupid ups

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
dvenson;72819 said:
i am in the process of getting it replaced although i think it would still hold water it is just the fact that when a company sees that it is a large glass item you would think they would be a little precautions.
Actually I sometimes believe that they purposely wreck fragile items.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
maybe they can double box the next one for you .....really they make those guys work so fast at the UPS sorting centers that the only thing they are concerned with is finding the label and reading zip codes

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
i worked there for a few months ...they only work 4hr shifts and it felt like you worked full day when you were done

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Man I feel your pain, they just don't care. UPS is probably the worst, every time I get a order from them the box is banged up. Fedex isn't much better though. I get most my livestock shipped. I have them hold it at the facility so I can pick it up at 8am. Well last time I ordered I had 3 boxes. The a**hat who worked the counter went to the back, grab the boxes and tossed them on the counter upside down! He obviously failed to read the warnings on the box in HUGE letters. Fragile, Live Animals, Handle with care, this side up. I wanted to reach over the counter and slap the stupid out of him.

jonthefb

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
damn man, that is brutal! You hold at facility so that that crap doesn't happen and then they do it right in front of ya.

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
well looks like JBJ is sending out a new tank. I wonder what im suppose to do with the damaged one? Do i get to keep it?

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
probably just keep the tank ..they usually don't want to pay to ship back damaged goods when there is proof like your pics