Beware of scammers

Well I addressed a board member about some very crude/inappropriate rumors being spread about me and as far as I know nothing will be done about it, I even know the member who started them. This isn't highschool, I'm a mother and rumors like that are not only offensive but dangerous.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: Beware of scammers

Even if a thread is not closed it will get "buried" unless the thread is bumped or another post is made. The bod has no way of making things bury any faster than anyone else on the board unless the thread is removed from public view. If a thread is removed from view it will always,always be in the best interest of the entire MASC community and not the parties involved in the thread. It is not the boards intentions to close threads so the bury faster it is to stop the name calling, flame fanning and to keep the non affiliated parties from throwing their $.02 in.

We are a family site and it is important that all parties conduct themselves at all timed as adults or you will from now on be issued infractions and after 3 will be banned. Name calling, childish outbursts and low blows will certainly not be tolerated.

Again if you have an issue with a transaction please post in the buyer/seller feedback and do not stoop yourself to a lower level while trying ask for support.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Beware of scammers

Suzanne Lynn;223513 said:
Well I addressed a board member about some very crude/inappropriate rumors being spread about me and as far as I know nothing will be done about it, I even know the member who started them. This isn't highschool, I'm a mother and rumors like that are not only offensive but dangerous.
Sorry to hear that it's to bad nothing is being done about it, can you prove that the person started the rumor? I'm just trying to look at it from the boards point of view?

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
So far the board is trying to figure out who was spoken addressing problems to he mascadmin account makes sure we all see the problem increasing the liklihood a problem is taken care of

Hey Its a touchy subject and I shouldnt have made waves lol, if you want to know more about it you could shoot me a pm, would you mind editing out my quote?

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
What struck me about this group when I joined was how wonderful the people were. I went over to pick up one of
my first DBTCs and the member was so nice. He told me he was simply repaying the kindness shown to him when he
was a new member and I remember thinking,..dang...this is exactly the sort of group I want to be part of. That member
was Khalis and I've never seen him be anything less than kind and generous. People that take advantage of that
kindness really have no business here. IMO.

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
Me too, getting there though.

People in this hobby come and go all the time. I to have tried to help this person when he first got into the hobby, but unfortunaly some people just dont learn from there mistakes. I know i dont get on this forum alot i mostly stay on scmas. The issues he caused on that site was addressed but just not soon enough. Im the one that drove him to loveland that weekend. At that time he was still new to the forums. I was the one who brought the grill for the cookout. Everybody i did meet there from this site, i enjoyed meeting. I guess this person just dont understand that we are a small salt community and we all know each other in someway. Im sure the bod here will take action but they do have to look at all the facts and posts to make sure they make the right decision. I also know that bush and a few more of us from scmas are being truthfull and not just picking on this person to be mean. Everything happens for a reason, maybe this time this person might learn from there mistakes and try to do right by people.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am curious what you would like the BOD to do about this?

We don't really have the power to correct any of this. All we can do is make people aware of the reputation, and based on the linked threads, I would say that reputation has already been established fairly well on MASC.

Beware of scammers

that0neguy1126;223551 said:

We don't really have the power to correct any of this. All we can do is make people aware of the reputation, and based on the linked threads, I would say that reputation has already been established fairly well on MASC.
Yeah, you can ban him all you want and all he has to do is rename himself. We all just need to stay diligent and report when a trade/sell/dbtc goes well. Maybe the BOD could start a sticky with ratings kind of like ebay does. Quick search and we can find good or bad experiences. Not sure how to do this or if its been tried before.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
that0neguy1126;223551 said:

HUNT HIM DOWN!! Day and night Derek!! Follow him to the ends of the earth and bring this man to JUSTICE!!!:fencing::flame::boom::usa2:

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Beware of scammers

Swanny;223553 said:
Yeah, you can ban him all you want and all he has to do is rename himself. We all just need to stay diligent and report when a trade/sell/dbtc goes well. Maybe the BOD could start a sticky with ratings kind of like ebay does. Quick search and we can find good or bad experiences. Not sure how to do this or if its been tried before.
That's a great idea!

This seems to be quite a controversial situation, in this sense I can sympathize with the BOD's. There (at this point) does not seem to be an inherent solution, although IMO a MASC ban would be a start. My concern would be that in doing this he may find other avenues for exploiting this hobby and all the gracious people it garners. I wish the BOD well!

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
I will look to see if there is a "seller rating" or anything similar to the ebay feedback as an addon to the forum and talk about it with the rest of the BOD.