Beware of scammers

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Beware of scammers

WalkPrazz;223557 said:
This seems to be quite a controversial situation, in this sense I can sympathize with the BOD's. There (at this point) does not seem to be an inherent solution, although IMO a MASC ban would be a start. My concern would be that in doing this he may find other avenues for exploiting this hobby and all the gracious people it garners. I wish the BOD well!
+ 1

bush8984

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
djkms;223554 said:
HUNT HIM DOWN!! Day and night Derek!! Follow him to the ends of the earth and bring this man to JUSTICE!!!:fencing::flame::boom::usa2:
Makes me not so poopey faced anymore lol

Im not asking the the board to do anything, and i know they dont have the power to correct something like this. All that can be done is to bring it to the attention of people like whats been done now. We just need to report it to the bod if/when someone does this so that the bod is aware this is happening. I agree too swanny stay diligent.

In addition the problem stems from the fact that the seller in question still has the ability to post in the "for sale" section, the latest responses have been within minutes from this post.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Beware of scammers

I pm'ed the person thinking about buying live rock from him and let him know what happened to me so hopefully he will think twice before buying.

WalkPrazz;223568 said:
In addition the problem stems from the fact that the seller in question still has the ability to post in the "for sale" section, the latest responses have been within minutes from this post.
sure have. he still trying to sell stuff that was given to him for free!!!!!!!!! WHY IS HE ALLOWED TO STILL POST TO THE SALE/TRADE THREAD? I mean wow

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Beware of scammers

I thought that the bod said they suspended his rights to sale until they finished there investigation (I don't remember how it was worded)

Beware of scammers

that0neguy1126;223558 said:
I will look to see if there is a "seller rating" or anything similar to the ebay feedback as an addon to the forum and talk about it with the rest of the BOD.
As I said earlier, this would be really valuable to MASC. i have no idea how to implement it but it would be highly valuable if you could figure a way to do it.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Beware of scammers

Swanny;223581 said:
As I said earlier, this would be really valuable to MASC. i have no idea how to implement it but it would be highly valuable if you could figure a way to do it.
We already have something like this. Classifieds-> Individual/Sponsor Feedback

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Beware of scammers

H2O_intolerant;223584 said:
We already have something like this. Classifieds-> Individual/Sponsor Feedback
Yea but they get buried it would be nice if something could show up by your name like in your membership badge or something and have it only available for actual members so it will encourage people that only want to sale on here to become members.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Beware of scammers

Yea but I had an event with someone that was a member since '06 and only had 60 post and I would put money on it that most those post were just to sale items. Or make it you have to pay your membership fees or become a member to sale before 50 post just ideas

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just turned on the "reputation" that is built into the forum. Its the Star at the bottom of the posts.

I think it is also the little bar right under the Usergroup emblem. Not sure why it says "User has attended 1 meeting" when you mouseover though.

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Beware of scammers

Ok to put this to bed the bod is doing all it can to take care of the situation and try to prevent it from happening. To bring the spirit and confidence back to the unfortunate people I will be giving Dbtc of hollywood stunner out to all of those people. This club has more great people than there is the bad.