Cherubs 75

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Noit sure yet. I have some really nice pieces and will probably cook it or something. I Just haven't put any thought into it. The aiptasia is hardcore, I got it from buying random rock from random people.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well have a small update. I scraped that nasty blue paint off and painted the back of the glass black. I changed out the rusty "brass" hinges and put in nickel finish ones and also added nickel handles. I also added 2 poles to hang my lights from. I need to figure out a way to make them stay put but for the most part my tank is ready for the sand and rock. Should be here by Friday on both.

[attachment=60968:name]

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you insulate the mounting u things with some rubber is should give the poles some turn resistance? Maybe?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks nice btw. Like the nickel hardware.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Boogie;144857 said:
If you insulate the mounting u things with some rubber is should give the poles some turn resistance? Maybe?

Great idea I will try that. What about the bent pole part? lol Maybe same thing... They're just closet poles I got at Home Depot and not really meant for lights but they're sturdy enough and if I can get them to quit spinning will work like a charm.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
the rubber worked great! I also put some pipe tape inside the bent part and it held it firmly. Pushed the tank into its new spot. Just need my sand and rock!!

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
If I were you I would paint the poles black and not mess with the spinning action. Make it easy to move them out of the way when you need to get in the tank.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
they are nickel finish. kinda defeats the purpose to paint them... They don't spin at all now unless I force them I really dont see how to stop them with out pouring some sort of cement or JB weld in them

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You should paint them gold... Or sky blue... nickle is sooooo 1985... LMAO

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
yeah right lol I remember brass being the in thing back then. Along with big hair and holding a giant stereo to your ear. For the times they are a changin..

Ok new issue... I hung the lights on the poles and they freakin turn where the cord turns them. Any solutions??

[attachment=60971:name]

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Before you fill that take you might want to lower them lights some, just my two cents.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Try attaching the cord to the center of the light fixture. That way maybe they won't turn.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
I can try those ideas tomorrow and see. I can add a chain and lower them. Kinda wanted to anyway. Mainly checking to see how they held up. Thanks Jaime for the kind words

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oh yeah and paint the poles pink

Yeah, hot pink would be schnazzy. Get crackin'. If it were me, I might try routing the cords back up the chains and down the back. Thinking of those old apartment dining room chandeliers, lol.