Cherubs 75

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well I took some pics with the new lights. China insists the red they put in my light is orange. I don't like it personally but what can I do, they will likely send me out a new set here in a couple of days but this is what I'm stuck with for now.

FTS white's off

Blue and red make purple and this looks pretty freakin purple to me.

The fish seem to pop at least in this light

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
purple rain!!! purple rain!!!

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Purple indeed. What does it look like with the whites turned on as well?

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I too think it looks good with the whites on.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Gabe,

What are you hoping to accomplish with oranges? I know reds are not what you ordered but visually you will be very hard pressed to see a difference between red and orange IMO. As a matter of fact I would venture to guess that orange will give you a worse look than red because orange has more yellow in it. This will give a more dull and brown look IMO. Put your whites only on then put on your whites and reds. This should give you a rough idea of what orange would look like.

Now if you are not a fan because of spectrum, how do you know how the corals will respond to it so soon? Also, if it is spectrum you are upset about not getting can you link us to any articles which specify orange is a usable spectrum?

btw - personally I love the look with the reds and blue/royal blues on. Such a neat intense purple look and fish really look cool!! Just my opinion though :)