Cherubs 75

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
projectx;160546 said:
I think it looks pretty good with the whites on, and yea its def got a purple hue to it with out em.
Agreed that it has a purple hue but looks cool.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms;160545 said:
Gabe,

What are you hoping to accomplish with oranges? I know reds are not what you ordered but visually you will be very hard pressed to see a difference between red and orange IMO. As a matter of fact I would venture to guess that orange will give you a worse look than red because orange has more yellow in it. This will give a more dull and brown look IMO. Put your whites only on then put on your whites and reds. This should give you a rough idea of what orange would look like.

Now if you are not a fan because of spectrum, how do you know how the corals will respond to it so soon? Also, if it is spectrum you are upset about not getting can you link us to any articles which specify orange is a usable spectrum?

btw - personally I love the look with the reds and blue/royal blues on. Such a neat intense purple look and fish really look cool!! Just my opinion though :)
I think you nailed it IMO

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
My main concern with the red is the algae problems I keep reading about with red. Orange penetrates deeper in as far as meters go so it affects more coral so I wanted the orange to benefit more coral. I read a lot of this on LED discussions in this forum. Also not to mention a lot of my red coral look yellow under these lights which is a huge turn off to me. I mean look at the fish pic I posted. That yellow paly above the frogspawn is an ember...

That's awesome that you guys like them and all but really it makes me feel angry when I look at my tank now. The moonlights are freakin awesome though. Here's a moonlight pic.

I found a piece of marco rock behind my piles that was just laying there, I made another smaller bridge toward the bottom and squeezed in a good 6 frags on it woohoo! Took out that frag rack and placed frags all over the tank. Turned the rock I had on the left and found tons more real estate on the side. Cleaned the heck out of my tank. Found a few chunk of briopsis which freakin blows. That's what I get for being a frag ho. I ordered tech M last week so I will fix this shortly after it arrives.

All in all I like my new tank. The lights I'm still working on. Mainly want the violets. If it turns out the red really is just some insane orange then I will ask them to reduce it from 4 to 2.

Thanks all for the great feedback and support in this transition. It's been a hell of a chore but I love this hobby!

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
MartinsReef;160549 said:
Agreed that it has a purple hue but looks cool.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
That pic is with the whites at 40% also. The whites get pretty freakin bright and drown out the purple. I'm just not ready to bleach it all lol. I did half 20000k white and half 6500k whites. Does look much different than the last ones in the whites

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow, those moonlights are pretty bright. It would be interesting if there was some way to disconnect like 2 reds and try it that way. I'm sure you'd have to rip the whole fixture apart though.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
That looks great. Where'd you pick it up at?

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I want I want I want!!!!

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Them turbos laid waste to that algae bro. Looking way better.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
it was the green algae phase of a new tank cycle. people who use stuff from thei old tanks dont get it as bad but since I didn't want my aiptasia I started from scratch. i thought you knew about how these things work lol. I'm sure your fleet of tangs helped you through yours lol

Looks good! There aren't many people that pull off black sand but your tank looks pretty slick with it. Those are also some choice clowns.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks, I got them from Gale(ZooID) they've taken up biting me now and are destrying the nem I got them. I find tentacles all over the tank and it's half the size it used to be. I actually watched the female biting it... Not sure wtf.