Credit card rewards

ailachami

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Credit card rewards

it was good when we can buy giftcards and blubird to pay mortgage. that's how I got all the initial spending to get the points. I have the chase southwest that get 5x points at office supply stores.

Last edited by a moderator:

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Any good ways to get points paying your mortgage? This might have more to do with who the servicer is, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone is getting anything.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
SkyShark;300363 said:
Any good ways to get points paying your mortgage? This might have more to do with who the servicer is, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone is getting anything.
I'm not aware of any cost effective way of paying your mortgage with credit cards. Back in the day before the housing bubble they used to take cards, but the gov't killed that. There's third parties that will do it, but it's cost prohibitive.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
PlumCrazy;300367 said:
...nice way to get some new fish for the tank huh Munch?
Just my lil way of sticking it to the banks :)

What's amazing is they seem to keep sending cards, and paying the bonuses - as a matter of fact, I just received a 6th new card from Chase just yesterday. I need to spend 3k in 90 days and its 50k in miles, which I sell for $650.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Setup amazon payments account(s). In have three setup. When I don't need to meet min payments for new cards, I simply send myself $3000 (there's a $1000 limit per account), and make $30 off my card that pay cash dividends every month.

Many of us use a rewards card to earn cash back. This is a great deal specially to those who fad of using credit card. Most of these rewards are obtain through spending, while Bank of America's Bankamericard is the different. It incentivizes consumers for paying their regular bills on time and for throwing in a little more over their minimum charge. Get it here: Bankamericard Better Balance Rewards Card.

vivianT;312590 said:
Have you tried Bankamericard? It's BofA's reward card, which rewards consumers for paying their regular monthly bills instead of spending. BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards card targets consumers with lower incomes and fair-to-poor credit, speculates the Los Angeles Times. Read this here: Bankamericard Better Balance Rewards Card.

not sure if its cause I'm on mobile and something's jacked up but link sends you here... https://personalmoneynetwork.com/

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Interesting new twist, I noticed that when I charge $1000 to my Capital One Visa, I'm getting 2000 points.

I use Amazon Payments to charge my card, and send myself the $$ actually. So in the course of a month of sending myself $3000, using this card, I'm getting 6000 points. Which I then use 5,000 points to purchase $50 gift card to various stores. The other 1,000 points stays banked until I get upto a redeemable amount.

Most card give you $1 per $100 spent, or 1% cashback, this essentially double that :)

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
Nice use it while it lasts. They will catch it. The last time someone found a loophole like this it was with buying spendable currency online with a visa. So basically buy 2k for 2k and pay off the visa before interest is charged and keep free points.

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
The guy caught was able to rack up and spend enough points to pay off his 500k mortgage through cashing in points for cash

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well, it's not a loophole, there's nothing to catch. I just hadn't realized that Capital 1 is 2% cashback on everything (most are 1% or have special rewards - AMEX is 3% on dining, etc). It's just what they reward for using the card. If I could charge 100k a month on it I would, simply for the points. As long as you don't pay interest on it, you're good. I charge everything I can on cards... wish I could do mortgage, kids student loans, etc :)

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
Oh I thought you were sending cash to yourself getting the points and using the cash sent to pay back the card so really you purchased nothing.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes, you're actually correct, I am purchasing nothing. I charge my card, using amazon payments. I withdraw to $$ my bank, I pay my credit card in full. I do this 3x a month. So I pay myself $3000, and pay the cards $3000. Net = zero.

The only gain is I'm awarded points for using the card - 2% which is $60 in giftcards monthly. It's a lil work, but takes 5 minutes the first day of each month. $60 a month, $720 a year, x years, it adds up.

Heck that makes my internet free :)

Just setup an Amazon payments account for each person in your house, you can expand as much as you can.

Amazon used to have a higher limit of spending without being charged, but they capped it at 1k a month per account, to limit this.