DBTC Question Of The Day!!

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok so my question of the day is....

[SIZE=+1]Which dimension cannot be measured in inches?[/SIZE] (try not to Google it, much more fun to see people guess).

You can pick from a frag of Green birdsnest, alien explosion zoa's (need to color up some still), Pulsing Xenia (Elite reefs strain, sweet looking).

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well you can tell me the answer........

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So can I ask someone for the answer??

Any dimension 4+ is not in inches. Eg time (4th dimension) would be measured in seconds. Dimensions 5 - 11ish are usually abstract quantities which are more of variables than dimensions that we typically think about today.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Time was my answer too.....All the other dimensions are too difficult for me to comprehend, it makes my brain hurt.

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ya lol I asked my dad he said time. So that was my answer.

Great thanks. PM sent. Now to think of a cool question for tomorrow! And to check what frags I have. I really like the fact that people are giving a neat selection of frags to pick from.

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
This is looking to be alot of fun! Good job everyone, its moving alot smoother once we got rocky out of the way. ;) He he he.

I'm up! I'll post at 1:00, so be ready.
Edit: gotta go! bumped up to 1

Harry and Hermione are in a room with 7 potions and the way forward and back blocked by magical flames. Harry needs to go forward to face Voldamort. Hermione needs to go back to help her friend.

A note reads:
Danger lies before you, while safety lies behind.
Two of us will help you, which ever you would find.
One among seven will let you move ahead,
Another will transport the drinker back instead,
Two among our number hold only nettle wine,
Three of us are killers, waiting bidden in line,
Choose unless you wish to stay here forevermore,
To help you in your choice we give you these clues five:

First, however slyly the poison tries to hide,
you will always find some on nettle wine's left side;
Second, different are those who stand at either end,
but if you would move onward, neither is your friend;
Third, as you see clearly, all are different numbers,
niether 2 or 4 holds death in their insides;
Fourth, the second from the left and the second from the right,
are twins once you taste them.
Fifth, the third potion is nothing more than blended zoanthids...

There you have it. Potions labeled from left to right, 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7.
My question of the day is this: Which does Harry drink to go forward and which does Hermione drink to go backwards.

Your prize: Pick from - grape montipora, tricolor valida, frogspawn (about 2" head), blue candy cane, armor of god zoa (1 head), ora green birds nest, orange montipora digitata, hollywood stunner, hammerhead, pulsing xenia (silver stripe or pink),
No time for pics now, but I can provide pics to the winner if you want to see them before you choose!

PS: I won't be home until late tonight or early morning probably, so keep guessing. The first person to post probably got it wrong!

Allright so after an hour and a half and two peices of paper. My head hurts.

There has to be something missing from this, there are several solutions that I have come up with that seem to fit the puzzle. Unless I am missing some thing. Should I post the solutions I have found.

The correct answer is Harry 4 (forward), hermione 7 (back). To my knowledge this is the only solution that works. The zoanthid bottle is definitely poison. If someone can prove that a second answer works, I could give a second pick, but I'm pretty sure that this is the only way to solve it.

So B-willz (since he PMd me first with a correct answer, and a wrong one), and zooid (first one to post the correct answer) can have a pick!