DIY Violet/Red LED Setup. Help me build it!

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
That order sounds hot!

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Can't wait to see it.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
That was quick. Always a nice surprise. I'm awaiting my drivers from LEDGroupBuy as well. Had to cancel my order with Bravo as a week after they said everything would ship, they said it was another 2 weeks before they would be in stock to ship. Hope Milad gets mine, and yours, out today so we can get our builds really moving.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Can't wait Kris.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
LOL. Not sure the wife would go for that. I might swing by though so I can pick up that cheato and take a look at your tank and build. My drivers should be here today, so I'll do some more wiring tonight and then struggle to not stay up all night tomorrow making the swap.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
We will be starting the build around 11am tomorrow morning. I am having a open house for anyone who would like to come by and watch, help, drink a beer or just enjoy the fish tank while we build this. If you want to come by just shoot me a PM so I know your coming. If you havent been to my house I will send you my address. All are welcome!

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hopefully I'll be working on mine too.

Drew

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not sure where you're at rocky's, but I'm in Westminster if that's closer to you. Hopefully I'll have mine close to online tomorrow.

Drew

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Honestly I shouldn't have worked on it this last weekend. Not only was it my birthday weekend but a good friend from Longmont came down for the day, my wife has family from Cali here and Virgil did most the work on Saturday :( I should have dedicated a day that I knew I could have no distractions. With that being said, thanks Virgil for the time you spent on it. Virgil got about 1 1/2 of the LED fixtures wired and I finished up the 2nd one. I still need to connect the 2, hang them and wire them to my Neptune system. We did take a few pictures and I will get them up soon along with a review.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I hear ya on the distractions. I didn't realize that the wifes sister and her family was coming into town this weekend. That just about killed my time for working on my build too.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I have everything wired up and going for both fixtures. I still have to hang them above the tank and figure out why my Neptune is not dimming them. As soon as I can figure out the dimming issue I will hang them and get more pics up.