Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
asneiman;104739 said:
I think you'll make more money for your charity if you change this. I don't mind paying $2 a ticket, for 5 or 10 tickets when it's going to a good cause. Who knows I might even buy more. But, I was planning on showing up around 11:00 ish for the Denver Aquarium corals. I live SE of Denver, and have plans Saturday night. There is no way I can hang around another 5 hours and wait for the raffle.

I think you guys ought to reconsider the "must be present to win" rule. Remember, it's all for a good cause. :)
Couldnt you just have someone hold onto your tickets and if you win they can take it for you?

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms;104736 said:
There is going to be way too much going on without trying to figure out how much of the ticket sales go towards the fund.
djkms;104736 said:
Remember, the tickets you buy for the raffles are all going towards the fund
this doesn't make sence ...which is it ...lol

mikejrice;104737 said:
Yes, but we wouldn't be able to track how much money is attached to which tickets. Some of the club donations to the raffle are giving some kick back to help support MASC, so we have to be able to track it all pretty closely.
this does

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm of the same opinion on the raffle...hard for me to buy a bunch of tickets if I know something could come up where being present isn't a possibility. I plan on being there, but wasn't sure until yesterday. I was supposed to have out-of-town company here for the weekend and couldn't have asked them to be there all day, or at two separate times. I know many people are probably in the same boat on a Saturday during the summer. Making an entire day event on a summer Saturday is not the easiest thing for people to plan. I plan on being there for most of it now that my schedule has opened up a bit (so don't flame me)...but I was in that conundrum as of yesterday. Just my .02!!

ColoradoReef

Platinum Sponsors
Platinum Sponsor
If we had it that you did not need to be present it would be difficult for us to deal with...I have a small store and I am renting additional space to make the event happen for 1 day. If most of the stuff is still there after the event where am I going to put it ? Also how many phone calls are we going to get when people call to find out if they won and people who are present like to get mad at the person who won..not a ticket #.....lol

I understand the frustration for someone that can't make it for the raffle. All we are trying to accomplish is an event in the summer that people who want to come and enjoy a reef keeping event can. Another one in the winter would be one to many. IMO

Hope to see you all there,
C.J.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well I think it is going to be great however it is and personally I am planning my day around it. Kinda like a concert if you want to go you make your plans around the concert plans they dont change it so you can be there when you want...........hehehehehehe

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ColoradoReef;104779 said:
If we had it that you did not need to be present it would be difficult for us to deal with...I have a small store and I am renting additional space to make the event happen for 1 day. If most of the stuff is still there after the event where am I going to put it ? Also how many phone calls are we going to get when people call to find out if they won and people who are present like to get mad at the person who won..not a ticket #.....lol

I understand the frustration for someone that can't make it for the raffle. All we are trying to accomplish is an event in the summer that people who want to come and enjoy a reef keeping event can. Another one in the winter would be one to many. IMO

Hope to see you all there,
C.J.

+1
xsocali;104782 said:
The must be present to win is how just about all raffles are done.
+1 again.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
for the newbs: masc meeting raffles are always done the same way ...you have to be present to win ...if the raffle is so important to you then come towards the end

....thanks for putting this on elite!

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lol man. First off thanks again to elite for giving us the opportunity to hold a meeting at their event. Remember everyone, like was stated earlier, this is Elites event not ours. There are differences in tix prices between MASC meetings and the Elite meeting. Because of the weirdness of how a small amount of the funds are being appropriated there can't be tix "specials" just to make it easier on those of us counting all that up. Again though, some of the newer people who haven't attended MASC meetings will se a difference in how we do next months meeting because we will offer the norm.

As far as being present, that's probably how 90 percent of raffles like this are done. Its just fair to those who are actually at the event, and it would take away I think from the "suspense and excitement" part of seeing who wins and/or winning.

But again, hopefully everyone comes and hopefully we raise a good amount of money for a good cause.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
is ther ea complete list of raffle prizes somewhere ...i need to start planning my goodies ...i won nothing in the last 2 so i due for a win ...lol

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Don I never win anything either

ColoradoReef

Platinum Sponsors
Platinum Sponsor
Mike is working on it...its a lot of stuff that we are getting from several places. He is combining things so its going to take a bit to get a grasp on.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
chrislorentz;104808 said:
Don I never win anything either
thats cause your not a winner :)
...im just going through a dry spell ....lol
ColoradoReef;104809 said:
Mike is working on it...its a lot of stuff that we are getting from several places. He is combining things so its going to take a bit to get a grasp on.

cool ... is there any other additional vendors besides BDA

xsocali

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
hurrafreak;104801 said:
Lol man. First off thanks again to elite for giving us the opportunity to hold a meeting at their event. Remember everyone, like was stated earlier, this is Elites event not ours. There are differences in tix prices between MASC meetings and the Elite meeting. Because of the weirdness of how a small amount of the funds are being appropriated there can't be tix "specials" just to make it easier on those of us counting all that up. Again though, some of the newer people who haven't attended MASC meetings will se a difference in how we do next months meeting because we will offer the norm.

As far as being present, that's probably how 90 percent of raffles like this are done. Its just fair to those who are actually at the event, and it would take away I think from the "suspense and excitement" part of seeing who wins and/or winning.

But again, hopefully everyone comes and hopefully we raise a good amount of money for a good cause.
Well said Juan.All for a good cause.

ColoradoReef

Platinum Sponsors
Platinum Sponsor
I think we are good. Thanks for the offer and you might want to ask when your here. That is the nice thing about this business, a lot of people are willing to help.

Thanks
C.J.

Believe me you all want to be here on Saturday.....:)
More announcements to come!