FTS's!!

andyrm66

Butterfly Fish
My 100 gallon Rimless

Hi, new around here, been to busy spending money at Elite LOL. Just got this setup not too long ago. Still need to get the trim on the stand.

miwoodar

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
nice scape. where are you located?

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
DyM;123412 said:
Big Blue - remember he was so small when we got him 5 yrs ago

What size tank is big blue in. I have one in a 75 and have been struggling with ick. I am curious if it is the size tank or if I can overcome the problem . I have considered upgrading to a larger tank as well. Any advice?

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks all.

Michael – This powder blue tang is over 6", and I have a yellow tang that is large as well. Although these are my largest fish, I have 20 fish in my 72 Gallon. I've never had ick, or any other fish disease so honestly don’t have good advice on how to eradicate it. I feel if you strive and keep stable parameters, and address exporting nutrients (NO3, PO4) you can keep more fish than what is advertised. I also think you know when fish are happy, and when they are stressed out. There will come a day I'm sure when I have to catch big blue and give him to someone with a larger tank, but I can tell you he isn't bouncing off walls, or destroying corals. He's a happy fish and definitely the king (or queen for all I know) of the tank.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Dym, I wasn't accusing you. On the total opposite, he looks great. By powder blue isn't bouncing off the walls either. I think I listened to the tang police over at the evil empire too much. I have never had ick like this either. If ever my fish always pulled thru in a few weeks. Just grabbing at straws I guess. Your tank is looking great! Thanks for the well wishes. Mike

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I dont plan on having anymore livestock other than a watchman goby and replenish my scissor fish that have lepped to thier death during setup. I have a Sohal, Tomini, and yellow tang and all seem to get along very well. The Sohal is a pretty unfriendly fish but seems to get over his agression pretty quickly, i recently added the yellow (mostly because he was free) and they flared and fought for about two or three hours and within 24 hours they were eating together. I recently had the opurtunity to pick up an achilles tang for cheap but was afraid of thier known fragility, pair that with an agressive Sohal and i think i would have had a dead achilles on my hands. Its a bummer because the achilles and Sohal are by far my two favorite tangs.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Moved a few things around... Tank is full of coral so now all I have to is let it all grow out...