Getting back in-SUS' 100 Gallon Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert.talarico

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
SUS;n662914 said:
More goodies arrived today!
Let me know what you think of the DOS unit, I've seen a lot of mixed reviews. A lot of people are having issues with pumps not turning off and the pumps being extremely loud. I'm in the market for a new dosing pump. Im considering the GHL profilux but I'm torn because I keep hearing rumors that Neptune is coming out with a way to monitor dKH

Balz3352

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
robert.talarico;663190 said:
Let me know what you think of the DOS unit, I've seen a lot of mixed reviews. A lot of people are having issues with pumps not turning off and the pumps being extremely loud. I'm in the market for a new dosing pump. Im considering the GHL profilux but I'm torn because I keep hearing rumors that Neptune is coming out with a way to monitor dKH
Not a rumor. They are they bought the exclusive rights from guy that developed it on r2r. Who knows when that will come out though. My dos is fairly loud but easy to use. Noise isn't really an issue since my sump is in my basement.

SUS

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not much new to report, but I did get my light hung last weekend. Of course during the remodel I forewent reinforcing the ceiling as I was sold on Radions for lighting at that time. So I grabbed a few of these from the Depot which work quite well

I then threaded the cable through holes in the bracket and through a blank plate to get this.

And with lights on...

Irishman

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
If it's in a room with windows maybe not, at least during the day

SUS

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tagareef;665097 said:
Is this thing wet yet...updates?
Unfortunately not! I have been focusing on getting my QT tanks set up (still need to drill/plumb them up and build some baffles in the sump)
Plan is to use the (2) 20 gals as a permanent QT and use the smaller tanks for TTM of new fish and coral dipping

Other than that, not much progress....My rock is still curing which is getting close to done. I am going to try to finish the plumbing today, but there is still a long "laundry list" of things still to finish/buy...
my goal is to get the QT cycling asap and hopefully be ready to add a few fish come reefstock...

SUS

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah, I was tossing that idea around. I just really like the sleek look of the spectra... I may no choice though. We shall see

SUS

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
Also got the QT tanks painted, drilled, and overflow, and sump baffles siliconed up. I also made some lids for them using pvc board (just need to route out openings for cables and hob filters

SUS

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tagareef;666730 said:
Looking good...Radiums FTW!
Thanks Luis!

halmus;666748 said:
That's awesome! It's got to feel good to have water flowing. I'm still blown away by the great design of the system. Really clean and modern looking.
Thank you halmus.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Woot! Looks great. What's left and whats the stocking plan?

SUS

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;666823 said:
Woot! Looks great. What's left and whats the stocking plan?
Thanks!

What's left is things I need to do under the stand and behind the tank (under the stairs) like;
-plumb my top off and AWC reservoirs
- finish drawers for right side of stand
- install lighting under the stairs
- install all my outlets under stairs (dedicated circuit)
- mount all hardware under stairs
- build screen top (I bought the kit from BRS)
- id like to install some neptunes night lights in the geisemann fixture
- still need to figure out ATO (was hoping neptunes would have released their optical sensors by now...)
- some random tasks in the QT room as well...

Stocking plans are still up in the air (and open for suggestions!) but the goal is several small fish and just a few larger ones... something like;
- mimic lemon peel tang
- 7 or so threadfin cardinals
- starry blenny
- pair of designer clowns (I like the black ice or similar)
- some sort of watchman pistol shrimp pair
- 3 or 4 resplendent anthias (or other, don't know much about anthias but these seem to be one of the easier ones to keep)
- possibly anther smaller tang (yellow kole eye)
- would also like a cool wrasse?
- sunburst nem down the road a bit...

Coral will be primarily acros with maybe a small acan/zoa island.

SUS

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well... my biggest fears came true tonight. I came home from work, was checking things out under the stand and noticed water dripping from the plumbing. Hoping it was just a leaky bulkhead I quickly checked the back of the tank/overflow and everything coming from the tank was dry. Then I noticed a crack in the back glass nearly the whole height of the tank...
I'm at a loss at this point. Tank/remodel has been nearly 2 years in the making. Depending on how my call goes tomorrow with planet aquariums there may be a ton of brand new equipment for sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.