I want it gone!!!

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you have something consuming the PO4 (chaeto, gfo, etc) then I would say your test kit is not accurate. Just my opinion.

Sent from my Droid Incredible.

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The only plant I have is hair algae and bot a lot of it. Idk I that helps. Do you think I should get a new test kit?

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
My own unit last I replaced was 5 months ago

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well a new testkit won't solve your problem. With the tank only being a month old I say wait it out, let it run its cycles and manually remove as much as possible when you can.

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Okay how long should I wait?

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Get a tds meter. If your RO unit doesn't have a DI chamber then add one. Bulk reef supply has them cheap. As soon as your tds reads one change your DI. Your RO filters should be changed every six months or so depending on usage.

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ya mine has a DI on it so I should replace in the next month?

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Okay thanks for all the help everyone

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Should test it with a TDS meter see what its reading. see if its shot or not like DJkms said, if it reads 1 (or higher) replace the DI

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
the_fish_man;82187 said:
Okay well i will try that boogie do you think I really should get one?
I would at least put a baggie of some form of phosphate remover in one of your medicine tray things in the back (I don't know much about those tanks but I think I remember them having spots to put carbon and what not). pm John or head up to D and G or Great white. I'm sure either one would have something to do it. Ro water should remove phos if I'm not mistaken so again, if I'm not mistaken, the only other thing that can cause that reading is over feeding.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
if you do go up to D+G or Great white. Take a sample of your RO water and your tank water and have them run a phosphate test on both just to make sure your water is good. ...oh, and as disclamer, I don't know jack, if I prove to be completely wrong you can't hold me liable. =)

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
damn, I take to long to type/think. Sounds like you are on the right path.

Crit21

Butterfly Fish
Boogie;82222 said:
Show off.... =)

Side note: You the same Crit thats a reg on swf?
SWF? What's that?

WWM is often the first place I look for reef info. If I don't see the answer, I ask them a question. They're pretty good at providing rapid responses, although I don't get the same physical response as rocky's pride when they respond (thank God). ;)

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Crit21;82246 said:
SWF? What's that?

WWM is often the first place I look for reef info. If I don't see the answer, I ask them a question. They're pretty good at providing rapid responses, although I don't get the same physical response as rocky's pride when they respond (thank God). ;)
I know, WTH?

fish dude, how's the cyano coming along?