Ok I'm ready for Tebow (broncos suck anyways) take a chance

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
well i missed the game due to the meeting but considering he had 7 sacks id say things went pretty well

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Denver was loosing 15-0 with under 5 minutes left on the clock, good thing my wife wasn't home or im sure she would have made me take something to calm me down.

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
that0neguy1126;119554 said:
Thats the point. he has 0 experience. If him, the coach, and the fans would let him sit as standby for someone for a few years, I am sure he would turn out to be a really strong QB. I feel that they are trying to put all this pressure on him too soon and it will probably ruin his career if he can't preform.
I humbly disagree simply because I believe in trial-by-fire. Being a former football athlete from when my helmet was bigger than my body through college...I can say I think it takes game-time experience to truly grow and mature. The thing the everyone needs to allow is time to reach that learning curve. AND, today was a pretty good example. The most impressive thing to me about Tebow is his winning attitude. The guy a hunger to win and an attitude to go along with it that is extremely rare. Compare that personality and attitude to someone like Cutler when he was with Denver. Polar opposites.

rockys_pride;120648 said:
For a guy having little NFL experience, he sure does make a good comeback
Seriously...his second amazing comeback already in a SHORT career. Elway beginnings?? We'll see...don't wanna jinx it. ;) The guy just knows how to win even when everyone else doesn't see it! That's the magic missing in the game. Just like when Elway got spun like a top in that run to the endzone in the superbowl. Diving in with that hunger for a win...it's the stuff people remember and makes legends.

Off The Deep End;120674 said:
Denver was loosing 15-0 with under 5 minutes left on the clock, good thing my wife wasn't home or im sure she would have made me take something to calm me down.
If I could've watched it live...I think I would've been in the same boat!! ;)

I still think orton or quinn are the better qb's. The broncs beat a team that has not won a game all season. Lets not get crazy now. I'm sure if the coaches would have gave the other guys the ball the broncos would have won, maybe not with the dramatics.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
nadking;120758 said:
I still think orton or quinn are the better qb's. The broncs beat a team that has not won a game all season. Lets not get crazy now. I'm sure if the coaches would have gave the other guys the ball the broncos would have won, maybe not with the dramatics.
Orton and Quinn are better. But the crowd and isn't behind any of them. The people want Tebow.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Let tebow take the snaps for the rest of the season and let him get settled in and I think next year will be a potential all-star quarterback. Elway was crap for his first three years tebow just needs snaps. No matter how big of a superstar you were in college the NFL is a totaldifferent ball game in all aspecs. I think he has it in him. If he can do what he did the last ten min of regulation for all 4 quarters all I can say is look out!!!

300 gallon mixed reef
90 gallon bowfront fowlr

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
He did that against the worst team in the NFL. I don't see it getting much better

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Statistically Orton is a better QB. Problem is the guy couldn't put touchdowns on the board, couldn't scramble, showed no emotion, was not a leader and couldnt run for yards.

Tebow is the exact opposite, he can scramble, he can (potentially) put touchdowns on the board, shows great emotion and leadership skills. His problem is he cant throw and cannot read coverage.

For best results and I have been saying this all year, put Orton in between the 20's and Tebow in otherwise and we would have a winning offense but due to egos that would never happen. Would be cool to see such a unorthodox offense like that on the field though!

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms;120778 said:
Tebow is the exact opposite, he can scramble, he can (potentially) put touchdowns on the board, shows great emotion and leadership skills. His problem is he cant throw and cannot read coverage.
Ok lets look at Tebows stats(mostly the arm of tebow) I would say they are great since he hasn't taken a ton of snaps or had alot of game time, also this guy is still making the transition from college to NFL. Only 4 turn overs in 119 attempts 3 of them being in his first year. Yes his passes are not always on target but so far it doesn't look like he puts the ball in harms way like Orton does. Just my .02

[attachment=60190:name]

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Orton- 49 TD's to 34 interceptions/fumble with the broncos
Tebow- 8 TD's to 4 interceptions/fumble with the broncos

I guess only time will tell.

Was it me or did the play calling through 3 quarters just absolutely suck? Run, run, run, throw a deep prayer pass. How is a guy like Tebow suppose to get into any sort of rhythm with that game plan. In the forth quarter when they started throwing to the short pass routes he played really well, moved the ball down the field and started throwing some pretty accurate passes.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
scchase;120777 said:
He did that against the worst team in the NFL. I don't see it getting much better
haha, I walked into work and everyone was like "OMG Tebow is awesome!!!!"

I sat there and was like. why in the world were they down 15 points to start with against Miami. Sure in the last 5 minutes, god put a spark in him or something and they pulled it off. But damn that was a terrible game.
Jamie hit the nail on the head. The season is blown, fans are upset, they don't care. They just want change, and Tebow is that change.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well there you have it. You got Tebow, and Broncos still suck !!!!!!!!!!