Smiley's Salt System

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Added this frag flat and am at a standstill for a while...

[attachment=63389:name]

Apparently my basement is run on one circuit with NM-B 14-2 on a 15 amp breaker. Right now i am pulling close to 12 amps with the aquariums and office equipment. If I want to add the 120 to my office, i'll need to run a new circuit for the aquariums and let my office use the 15 amp already in place. And since i'll need to do that, I will also have 2 new 20 amp circuits run to the fish room behind the dining room for my in-wall system later.

just one step closer to paradise!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: Smiley's Salt System

Sweet setup Fred for not even being anything close to you final DTs. Def jealous!!!!! What substrate you have in the new Frag flat?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

Wow that looks like a great substrate for a frag tank. Will you be keeping any fish in there?

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
i was thinking a 6 line unless there is a better one. will probably shoot for a dozen trochus snails and a couple dozen dwarf blue legs as well.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Smiley;218197 said:
i was thinking a 6 line unless there is a better one. will probably shoot for a dozen trochus snails and a couple dozen dwarf blue legs as well.
Coris wrasse

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
now that i think of it, i wonder if i can find a 4 line.... i had one a while back, was a badass fish!

[attachment=63390:name]

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
im running the Nova Extreme SLR T-5 4x54w.. 2 aquablue specials, a blue+, and a coral+. I also have a 48" ReefBrite blue LED strip mounted to it.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Smiley;218205 said:
which one can i have that wont eat polyps and doesnt need a sandbed?
Mystery Wrasse :) Four-lines are pretty cool too though; I can't remember who had one in stock recently, but I've definitely seen them around

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

They are just a 6400k par 30 led bulb. Nice bulbs but I think I will upgrade to par38.

sent from my bag phone

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

I like the coris, mine was in a bare bottom frag flat for about six months with no issues. They are one of the best pest removers

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I got my par30 from Diablo Coral. you can grow coral with them as long as its a shallow tank... I am planning on switching the par30 out for some par38 as soon as i can find them over the 6500k color spectrum..

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I dont think our supplier carries them... i'll look... as far as a mystery for $337, i think i'll pass..... Id just order one from the best shop in town....the one that really cool guy from Cali works at....