Smiley's Salt System

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
too bad i dont have a display yet... had to buy some controller pieces so funding kinda went down....hopefully by end of march ill have a 120g for a display. As it stands, i have some cyano that appeared around the prolifera so im hoping that if i let it cycle another month, it will go away. i want to try and avoid running gfo as it likes to strip out more than i would like.

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Received my shipment of macros from a friend.... and they are now in my refugium.

Codium
Ulva lactuca
Caulerpa Paspaloides
Gracilaria
Gelidium
Blue Ochtodes
Red Titan
Halimeda

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Smiley;229320 said:
Received my shipment of macros from a friend.... and they are now in my refugium.

Codium
Ulva lactuca
Caulerpa Paspaloides
Gracilaria
Gelidium
Blue Ochtodes
Red Titan
Halimeda
pics! I want some fancy macros for my seahorse tank.

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
[attachment=63839:name]
[attachment=63840:name]
[attachment=63841:name]
[attachment=63842:name]
[attachment=63843:name]

and what is all this red **** growing on my Prolifera?
[attachment=63844:name]

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
yes indeed....but... i will tell ya one thing.... the first time i set up a reef tank, i was impatient..i battled problems left and right....and it took nearly three years before things finally corrected themselves...I hear nightmare stories of people failing due to impatience. I have seen tanks crash and money wasted... I wont let it happen this time.

On another note, the corals you gave me are growing just fine... already have 1/8" growth on the birdnest and the other sps...still need to figure out what exactly it is.

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
lookin' great Fred! i'm learning a lot from your thread -thanks...

Smiley;229463 said:
I hear nightmare stories of people failing due to impatience. I have seen tanks crash and money wasted... I wont let it happen this time.
glad to see you're following my tank build :biggrin-new: