WW's sutpid awesome 60G nem cube

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ryan sent me a picture of the progress on the stand and canopy. I'm super excited to this set up. I was just going to use standard sch40 PVC for the plumbing but this thing looks so good I'm gonna go all out and order the really nice grey sch80 stuff.

pidge

Angel Fish
It looks sooo much better in person. The wood is unbelievably beautiful. Makes me look good. All I have to do is through some screws in it and it looks gorgeous.

pidge

Angel Fish
Haha! I am really glad to be able to help you get this thing up and running though! It has been a long time coming!! And I'm really excited for you. This is gonna be the most bad-a 60cube ever!

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
pidge;277284 said:
It looks sooo much better in person. The wood is unbelievably beautiful. Makes me look good. All I have to do is through some screws in it and it looks gorgeous.
I've tried doing stuff with wood. It's easy to screw up and hard to make it look great. I can't imagine the kind of work that went into this cabinet.

And Kris... you just can't do anything halfway, can you? Mike just told me how spendy the Schedule 80 stuff is. You lay some very expensive pipe, my friend.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow! Just wow. That's gonna look SO GOOD in your house.

Or mine. It'd look good in mine, too. :dance:

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ryan Delivered the stand and canopy tonight. Its really awesome and couldn't be happier with how it turned out. The attention to detail is incredible! The hardware and fit and finish of everything is just amazing. There a couple more trim pieces still needed along the back of the tank but that's it. Those will come later. The color goes with the flooring really well I think while still having its own character.

Ryan added a toe kick to the bottom which I think looks real nice and raises the whole stand and tank to the perfect viewing height. I do need a little step stool to reach all the way into the tank but have no problem reaching the far back bottom of the tank. The sump and skimmer fit great will lots of extra room.

All the plumbing is ordered and hopefully will be here before the weekend so I can start plumbing. :)

pidge

Angel Fish
Thanks Kris! I'm glad you are happy with it! That thing looks killer in your house. Can't wait to see it with some water in it!

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dr.HarlemTutu;277836 said:
that looks great in your house. very well thought out!
That was all Ryan's planning I can't take any credit there. I am going to do some interesting things with the plumbing though. I'm not going to plumb it as it was intended. I will be using both the bulk heads for a modified beananimal overflow instead of one drain and one return. I ordered two 3/4" Sea Swirls, one for each corner to plumb the returns to as well as to create flow. Since this is a nem tank I didn't want any power heads for one to walk into.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow, this is a great build so far. Very sleek and professional looking. I'm excited to see this thing stocked full of nems!

Blindrage

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Very nice looking. This is going to be amazing with a bunch of nems in there.