WW's sutpid awesome 60G nem cube

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You can buy aluminum channel at the same place where you get your iron. They might even have some at the hardware store.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
fishguy69;278925 said:
Sweet way to hang the lights!
Thanks!

jda123;278946 said:
You can buy aluminum channel at the same place where you get your iron. They might even have some at the hardware store.

I went to Mcgukins, Ace, and Home Depot and they all had aluminum channel but not the closed channel with a slit that I need to hold the head of the screw. I didn't check with Dencol though that's a good idea. I would prefer to replace what I have with something nicer and a bit more sturdy but im not too worried about it either. What I have works really well too.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
ThunderTwonk;278917 said:
T. I'm more concerned with rust than anything.
What about using NeverWet? Seems like that might be a good way to prevent rust on any metal. No idea if it can leach once it is applied, so I wouldn't apply it to anything that will be in regular contact with tank water.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
kevine;278953 said:
Get square tube and cut the slot for the screw to slide

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
Thanks, I did think about this because I did find some nice aluminum square tubing at Ace. The reason I didn't do this, is each piece is about 20" long and I don't have a way to cut a nice slot in it. I know I could do it with a dremmel but it would look like I cut it with a dremmel and that would drive me nuts. LOL I know something out there already exists thats exactly what I want, I just need to find it.

Or unless anyone here has a CNC mill that could route out the slot it for me? :)

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I went through the same deal trying to hang my radion :) I was trying to build a sliding rail system and only found the closed square tubing at Ace; affordable enough, but yea, didn't want to try to cut a slot with a dremel...especially since it wouldn't be hidden by the hood.

I'd still be interested in trying to hang my lights on a rail...and might have a connection to a CNC shop. Lemme know if you want me to get in touch with my friend to see if I can work something out...not exactly sure how I'd build mine, but if all you need is a nice slot cut into some square tubing that should be a small enough favor to ask him. :)

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
doh!...nevermind. Craig that's awesome! Thanks for the link...I might try to make that work as well.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
jahmic;278963 said:
doh!...nevermind. Craig that's awesome! Thanks for the link...I might try to make that work as well.
I just ordered a 6' stick of this so Ill have some extra if you need some.

Craig thanks again for the link!