Bta ok?

Hello all,

First, I know it was too early to get an Anemone. I had my tank up for about 2.5 months when I got him. I wish I had waited but I did let my patience get the best of me... AS of now, I think he's healthy. We've got about 3 watts per gallon of new PCs (he loves the new bulbs). He's stayed put for the past couple of months. He never moved more than about 4 inches from where we put him. He eats what my Clarkii gives him. I target feed if I think he needs more but for the most part, he lets it float by.

Here's the question... His tentacles are definitely shorter than when I got him. I was looking at pics of him not long after coming from the store and there is a difference. Is he ok or does he need something I'm not giving him? More food, different food?

I test for amonia, nitrate, nitrite and PH. Amonia and nitrite are 0. Nitrate is 10 (skimmer and at least every 2 week changes of 10%) and PH is 8.2.

He liked the new bulbs. Much less hanging around in a slinky state.

He definitely poops every other day or so. Doesn't really throw up his food.

SteveT

Butterfly Fish
bubble tip's tentacles are a bit of a mystery. some times they are stretched out straight and long some times they are tight and bubbled. There is a lot of speculation on what will cause it: feeding, not feeding, amount of flow, amount of light, but there is no saying for sure what will cause them to change the shape of their tentacles.

Unfortunately, not something I've tested for... but based upon what I've been reading here. Its something I should be :-/

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I can tell you that in my FOWLR/Nem tank, some of the nems will be "bubbled" and others will be extended at the same point in time. Like my sunburst, mostly always bubbled. It'll be right next to a Rose that is extended. So it being a "mystery" is somewhat valid from what I've experienced and also researched.

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
AaronP;194238 said:
Unfortunately, not something I've tested for... but based upon what I've been reading here. Its something I should be :-/
Uhhh ya..... alkalinity is very important.... very very important....:eek:

Sent from my C771

He's been looking happier lately even if the tentacles are short. I had been doing some reading. My Clarkii's feed him sometimes but it didn't seem like that much. I bought some silversides today and fed him one. He took the whole thing. Guess he might have been hungry. My wife took a picture of him eating it. Maybe she'll post it.

Either way, I'll take a pic tomorrow and we'll see if he looks as good. My luck he'll be expelling the waste and will be small and stringy.

Aaron

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yep, Alk of 9 is really good.