Diamond in the Rough

So was was able to acquire a tank and stand that needed a makeover from a member here on masc that just didnt have the time for it anymore and was willing to help someone out by giving them 2 tanks and stand. So when contacting him I told him I wanted whatever he could give me. At this time i had a 15g column tank going strong and looking awesome. Got a few items from a person I found on r2r that sent me straight here. So i kinda owe it to him for helping me find this site to be able to do my next upgrade. I really wanted a frag tank while i finished restoring and building the 90g stand and doing a custom built 90g tank from scratch possibly if not will keep the 90g tank and do an overhaul on it. The first few shots were when i got the tank and shows the progression of it as it slowly came together. I wanted a unique tank so i decided to do a half bare bottom half sand concept with a frag rack concept as well as a more natural look with egg crate racks build in and around rock work. This will be the first of many. As i document my journey over the next few days. Can't upload pictures til i get my membership but will be doing that soon enough. So here are some youtube videos of the build upon completion.
https://youtube.com/shorts/Om_eqWKy6yk?feature=share
https://youtube.com/shorts/BqrrOTdX4pw?feature=share

Here is from today with also the 20g rolling start coral and fish on Day of setting up the tank....it is now roughly a month old with a hob for filtration and simple hygger on off wave maker....

Sticky punch acro doing very well so far and super excited to see how this grows and colors....right now bright pink and dark pink with a little purple....Frank lucas the blenny and Virginia the firefish with Salvatore the orange shoulder.... We named all of our fish after mob bosses and will continue the trend....hope everyone is having a fantastic night and excited to get the ball rolling tomorrow by final clean out of the 200g and start to plumb the big boy...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What are the acros in the frag rack? Everything looks healthy - nice work.

I'm in Ft. Collins - are you in NOCO?
Im in loveland so right around the corner....and the small frag rack in front? Left to right is 2 no named stags. Green slimer from underwater wonders and manila spy from Chris Brown I believe.

Was able to meet and grab some awesome stuff from @psuedorand today. Went for some macro and came home with much more then that pictures to come. Thank you for your kindness and showing me the reef you have built. Great build and some awesome coral.

Fuge is fixed up and things rearranged for better flow. Frags glued up and slightly acclimated. Mushrooms, birdsnest, trumpets, tort, chaeto......couldnt of been a better trip...thank you for everything all of this will be fragged and dbtc eventually...

Update with everything acclimated. So far so good....had to increase all for reef dosing to accommodate a few things and will test in a few days to see how it has settled almost time to mix a new batch.

Anyone else heat there water when mixing all for reef? It has helped me tremendously in getting it to mix better and faster. Then allow to cool and boom no issues...running 35ml of afr a day currently and everything is encrusting and looking good.

Shots from today.....things looking good and still going strong. Nem decided to go on a walk today was able to avoid any coral losses in the process. Have a rose bubble tip coming sunday and some rock to create a cool scape for the 200.