Eco tech reef link

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Setting up a new tank and it came with 2 vortech pumps and radions. I don’t have the matching return pump yet.
Looking at controllers, is it worth it to get the reef link and pair that with a reefkeeper lite for the ato and temp control? Thoughts? Don’t have enough budget for an apex. Yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Buy a used apex. Highway 66 has one with WXM included that will be the same price or cheaper than a reeflink + reefkeeper.

neil82

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Buy a used apex. Highway 66 has one with WXM included that will be the same price or cheaper than a reeflink + reefkeeper.
Zombie can you explain about the capabilities of WXM. I'm not familiar with apex or this module.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Zombie can you explain about the capabilities of WXM. I'm not familiar with apex or this module.
It communicates between the apex and echotech products. It allows you to program them through the fusion interface (which is more user friendly than reeflink) and also adds the ability to crosstalk between other items in the apex (example, when you press a feed mode on the apex, you can have pumps change to a different intensity and have return and skimmer shut off with one button press). It is also significantly more reliable than the reeflink both at retaining comms with the devices and retaining comms with your control (reeflinks are notorious for losing WiFi connection and then stop working entirely).

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not saying you’re wrong, wanting to see where I’m not seeing right, from what I’ve seen the reef keeper lite plus is $300 and the reef link is $100, both new.
Am I missing something?

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Not saying you’re wrong, wanting to see where I’m not seeing right, from what I’ve seen the reef keeper lite plus is $300 and the reef link is $100, both new.
Am I missing something?

He has some other modules included as well like the PM1 and ALD. You can probably talk him into just selling you the head unit, probes, energy bar, and WXM for less than the $550 he wants for the whole package. Considering the extra HP you will get from the apex plus WXM, it's well worth it even if it's a little bit more than RKL plus reeflink

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
He has some other modules included as well like the PM1 and ALD. You can probably talk him into just selling you the head unit, probes, energy bar, and WXM for less than the $550 he wants for the whole package. Considering the extra HP you will get from the apex plus WXM, it's well worth it even if it's a little bit more than RKL plus reeflink
Gotcha. Thanks!