MASC Science competition 2013!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok folks! It's time to start thinking about what you want to do for a science competition project this year!! Any member in good standing is welcome to join in and perform a science project related to reefing, saltwater, or corals. While some of the details are still being worked out, we are shooting for a final judging at our Dec. meeting. You will be given 4 months to run your project, with an additional 6 weeks of "cycle time" before hand to get tanks ready. For those of you counting that means you can put water in your tanks June 15th!! By all means, you may start collecting parts now!!
Please post here if you are interested in participating, and what possible ideas you had for your thesis!

I think I might join, does "Do certain water parameters affect the shell growth and development of Cerithidae sp." work?

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Would my recent and on going battle with ich and my experiment in curing it count? Or does it have to be something new?

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've got it! I'll test the relative responsiveness of different fish to sparkly things. JK. Good luck to all that participate.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

ReefCheif;248478 said:
Would my recent and on going battle with ich and my experiment in curing it count? Or does it have to be something new?
You are absolutely allowed to test any hypothesis you want! But you will have to wait until the start date which is early August so you will have to keep the fish infected or find infected fish to start at that time.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Count me out, not going to re infect my tank for this.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

ReefCheif;248557 said:
Count me out, not going to re infect my tank for this.
I don't blame you! But there are countless other topics and other ideas involving Ich I'm sure!! Don't discount yourself yet!!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: MASC Science competition 2013!!!

Ok folks unfortunately we are going to have to put this on pause for a while. Sorry for those that started already but look for a new announcement and similar program in the upcoming months.

Status
Not open for further replies.