New from Lone Tree

Just wanted to officially say hello and say a little about myself. After 15 years away from saltwater, the 12 gallon jbj nanocube $15 garage sale purchase was too good not to test the salty waters again. Currently I have a 29 gallon jbj and the 12 gallon up and going. I have a lot to catch up on from 15 years away, and this forum seems like a great place to start! So, Hello my name is Jim and I'm a wet-pet-aholic. I have a 90 gallon african cichlid tank that has been up for 9 years and a 3000 gallon koi pond out back that has been up for 6 years.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Holy 3000 gallon koi pond!!!! I wanna see pics of that...

Welcome to the madness.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Welcome. Pics of koi pond or ban! =)

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
boastrike;123938 said:
[Here are a couple pics. I can try to find some better ones. Largest koi is about 27". Hope I don't get banned!
No ban...this time...mu ha ha ha ha...

Awesome looking pond. Like everything about it. Great job.

Yes, the pond was a complete DIY. Took awhile to dig it but just like a reef, the moment you are done you are wishing you had (a) made it bigger and (b) soon realized what you "should" have done to make it better! Still it is nice and relaxing now that it has been in a few years and pretty stable. Here are a couple blurry pics of the 29. Kessil light the 10000K (wish that meant watts) but still pretty darn bright and no overheating problems. Don't have any moonlighting yet. I will try to get better pics. Hopefully the blue spot will settle in and stop spitting the sand. He keeps grabbing the small hermits and propping them up to make his hole reinforced but they keep walking away. I do want to thank Stuart from MileHighAquatics for his patience and answering all of my questions! The 12 has a light load with a pair of black clowns and pygmy angel and some clove polyps. Newer tank.
[attachment=60290:name]