New member requirements?

Jadkins4

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Alright, I am running the latest zoa contest and have brought on 4 new members who are having issues figuring out what they need to do in order to post pics/comments on the zoa growout official thread. For a new user/account, one must post a certain number of meaningful threads but that is where things are very unclear. It shows insufficient privileges anytime these new users try to post a new thread to begin collecting the "meaningful" posts. I have looked through the forum briefly and couldn't find an answer to what new members need to accomplish before having full rights to their account activated (i.e. post comments on other threads). I have listed a few questions that have come up and might be useful for new users who come onto the website. If anyone could answer or direct me to where the answers to my questions are stated in the forum, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys!

What is a "meaningful" thread?

How many threads must a new user post that would be considered "meaningful" to gain commenting privilege?

Where would a new user post a thread to begin the process of collecting the certain number of meaningful post one is required to gain access to the commenting?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya, something up with the site. Some new users getting assigned to wrong group, and even though that group is configured to allow them to post it's not for some reason. I moved all 'Registered' users to Registered - can sell, and all of them should be able ot post now. As to why it's putting them in the wrong group and that group isnt giving the right perms, I will have to dig into that and see if I can find the reason.
If anyone else has issues posting, they can email us at board@marinecolorado.org, or send me a pm.