Placing an order for alternative DA Reef Keeper patch cable

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Recently picked up an additional pc4 (THANK YOU MDRUMM) for my RKL, but it doesn't come with a patch cable to connect two of them together. Upon browsing for info on RC i found this company http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=10222&cs_id=1022202&p_id=938&seq=1&format=2.

They have 7' Data/[FONT=verdana, arial]Phone cable, RJ12 (6P6C), Straight through cables - for a [/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial]whopping $.70. YEP you read that right, 70 cents :)[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial]So I am going to order a few but wanted to see if anyone else might need one for whatever reason. LMK if so as I am planning to order this afternoon. If you miss this i will have a few extra just in-case someone ever needs one. [/FONT]

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would be interested having a couple handy. I know i will need an additional pc4 in the future when i set up my 120. Did you find these to be different from a standard 6 strand patch cable?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Honestly I have no idea, I actually dont know much about them at all. All I know is that guys on RC were talking about using the cables from that site and I saw they were cheap so I was going to buy and try :) LMK if you want a couple and Ill add them into my order

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you wouldn't mind dropping them into the mail for me, that would be great. I'm not sure when i would be up in the littleton area. Could i paypal the money to you?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Actually I already went ahead and placed an order for 3. I could prob send you one but prob cost the same as if you just ordered some as well. Bonus is I guess you can let me try them out and make.sure the work ;)

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Makes sense. Please let us know if they work out for you. and i'll keep their link handy for when i build up my new tank.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Just an FYI I got the cables today and it works perfect to connect 2 - pc4s together.