RedSea 750 XXL build

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here is what I trying to procur either used or at least discounted. Lol.

Aquatic Life 61” hybrid
2 ATI Blue Plus bulb
1 ATI Coral Plus Bulb
1 ATI True Actinic or Purple
2 kessil 360w
Gyre xf350 with controller
Gyre xf350
Vortech mp40 x2
Sicce Syncra 5.0
Redsea RSK 600
Magus BM-T01 dosing
Apex temp probe
Apex ph Probe
Apex Lunar module
Apex 3 string lunar light
Jager trutemp 300w heater
50 lbs Marco rock reef saver
40 lbs Marco Shelf rock
Bio-Spira
Instant Ocean Reef Salt 200lbs
RO/DI filters
Filter socks
Probe holder
10 gallon Trigger systems ATO

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here is my potential stocking list. I’m still playing with it though.

Cirrhilabrus exquisitus (Vanuatu, Wrasse)

Paracanthurus hepatus (blue Tang)

Zebrasoma xanthurum (Purple Tang) (hard to come by so will most likely substitute with a different purple fish like Black cap Basslet)

Amphiprion ocellaris (B&W clownfish)

Amphiprion ocellaris (Orange Clownfish)

Salarias fasciatus (Algae blenny)

Ecsenius midas (Midas Blenny

Synchiropus splendidus (Mandarin)

Pseudanthias squamipinnis (Lyretail)x5

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Honey do list is shrinking down. Slowly but surely...

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Until she puts more on the list... they always do lol

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Kitchen is looking good! Once the honey do list is knocked out, nothing left to do but build a reef.
Thanks Neil! At least some stuff is getting done.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I did get a little something accomplished for the tank build too though. Jack Posts are installed

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Also, got started on laying down the hardwood floors. I have never done his before so didn’t realize the learning curve and time commitment. It’s many hours deep so far. I have spent about 6 hours removing carpet, 2 hours trimming the baseboards, 2 hours loading/unloading materials, a few trips to Home Depot, and spent all day today trying to figure out what to do. Lol. I only got one room about 2/3 of the way done.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tank isn’t doing much yet. Got super busy with work but I did at least accomplish one thing...

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks good though. Are you using a pattern or grabbing boards at random?

Sent from my iPhone using MASC mobile app
Thanks. I am just grabbing boards at random. I am simply trying not to line up the cuts and keep them staggered.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hello all, it’s been a while since my last post. Sorry about that, I had to put the tank project on hold due to work being very busy, our first child being born, and other house projects that took priority. I got all of the floors done, got the painting done, patched the holes etc. still some house projects to do but nothing pressing. Work is now slowing down and I have more time for the tank.

Tank update:
I have acquired most of the equipment I need, certainly enough to get started. I put the tank in place and level. I wet tested the bulkheads and though it leaked at first, it is dry now. I got the rock in to my tank and mortared and equipment in the sump. I had a bit of an emergency last night though. I was drilling pilot holes in the ceiling for my lights when I hit a water line. Uh oh! Got the water shut off, cut the pipe and put a shark bite compression fitting on it. Pipe no longer leaked but I still have to fix the hole in the ceiling. I will post a few photos. Sorry for the reflection in the fts. Better pics to follow after lights are up. I still have a lot to do. I need to set up my r.o. and run lines from the basement to the tank, build a shadow box to mount my controllers to and hide the cables, hang lights, get it filled. Of course that hole in the ceiling needs repaired first. Haha.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Additional photos

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Make sure you order the additional support piece from RedSea so the longer side doesn’t sag. They will send it out for free. You probably got an email if you went through the product registration.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Make sure you order the additional support piece from RedSea so the longer side doesn’t sag. They will send it out for free. You probably got an email if you went through the product registration.
Thanks for the heads up! I didn’t know that.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
And thank you! I can’t wait to get it filled. I feel like I will be able to do a lot with the corals in here. I’m so excited!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Thanks for the heads up! I didn’t know that.
There is a specific choice on their drop down menu when requesting support on their site. You should also check the seams on the front glass for any bubbles in the silicone.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I know it has been a while but I got the tank aquascape cemented in and the tank was filled on 2/22/20. I added BioSpira and a bio block in the sump along with a little bit of live rock from my 40. I have been running it with lights off. I am currently hooking up the wiring and getting the brain put together.