Setting up 46g bowfront

I.bought this tank.off craigslist and its just what I was looking for however it has a broken center brace and im mot sure how to repair it. Help please.
2) I have heard mixed things but will I be ok with 2 massive hob filters ? And no refugium
Currently I have a very over stocked tank with a coral beauty, 2 ocellaris clows, a scooter blenny, 1 fire fish, 1 scissor tail and a larger than expected sand sifting goby? In my 46 what else could I add that would be ok / can I add anymore.
Im moving in a few months and after the move the new tank gets to be setup =)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Repair ceneter brace with a piece of acrylic, some type of epoxy will work, maybe JB Weld. I would then coat that in silicone just to keep things from leaching (there may be a better epoxy to use for this)

As for your question about live stock, your at your max if your running only HOBs, and that may be pushing it. Your going to be doing alot of water changes.

Why dont you want to run a small fuge? Is it cause the tanks not RR?

Hey thanks for.the reply.
Ya the tank isnt rr and I.dont have a skimmer yet either. I.measured the stand today and I can get a 12 inch wide tank.underneath. I just dont know if a refugium would fit or if a.refugium around 10 gallons would.be all that beneficial?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
any refugium/sump I would think would be better then none even if it a 10 gal. You could almost put a 20g down there, if you could figure out a way to get one more inch of depth

One way to deal with the broken brace is to replace the top frame. I got a frame for a 55 g from Glass Cages for around $12. It was fairly easy to cut the old frame off and silicon the new one on. I had tried a variety of different DIY braces, but none of them looked very good and they got in the way a bit too, so I was happy with the new frame.

So.updated today.I.picked up a.massive skimmer for my tank a coralife skimmer I.believe rated for 125 gallons.
I am just shy.of.being able to get a 20 gallon sump.in the stand would a 10 gallon refugium work, I would hang the skimmer of the side as to take up less space