Show your local fish store sponsors some love

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Hey everybody I want to send out a note of encouragement to go out and shop your local fish stores and show them support! Make sure that you show them your masc cards too so they know that masc members are shopping there and we support them! Don't forget many of them will give you a discount of some kind for doing so. Many times its enough to off set ordering online shipping costs and you will get instant gratification too!

This is a call to action and show support and keep our money local!!! Now let's get out there and shop !!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
:cheer2:

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I do my absolute best to love my LFS. Buy as much as possible locally and only go online for something that can't be had locally. Even though the taxes on it add to the cost, it keeps my $ in the local economy and supports an industry where I can only imagine how difficult it is to survive. Especially in a land-locked state like Colorado.

The only things I've bought online were some spaflex since no one seems to have it 'round these parts. Also picked up some pumps that I couldn't find locally.

I've found Aquatic Art to have lots of higher-end things or the ability/willingness to order things and work with me. Cris, Nicole, and the team are fantastic!

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Great white has been able to get anything I have needed. They have always done me well! Josh at Gonzos has always treated me well too and has awesome corals. Aquatic are talking second to none as well. If you went to macna last year you know Colorado has the best selection of hot corals!

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dr.HarlemTutu;359803 said:
Great white has been able to get anything I have needed. They have always done me well! Josh at Gonzos has always treated me well too and has awesome corals. Aquatic are talking second to none as well. If you went to macna last year you know Colorado has the best selection of hot corals!
+1 can confirm. The fish stores in Virginia are probably 20% as good as Colorado's.

tomtom2245

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;359841 said:
+1 can confirm. The fish stores in Virginia are probably 20% as good as Colorado's.
I used to live in the Alexandria area and Quantum Reefs wasn't half bad while I was out there. If you have the time though, Pacific East Aquaculture is the place to go!

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
One more bump for Cris at Aquatic Art. My (unimpressive) BLDC-15 return pump failed at almost 6 months to the day. Since my sump is in my basement, I have to overcome 16' of head pressure. Cris had a Dolphin Diamond Amp Master 6250 in stock that I was able to pick up 15 minutes after I emailed him. Working like a champ and a much better pump than the BLDC.