Spam

FishTV;336690 said:
I found 3 more bogus member registrations using similar log in info for accounts that were all started today, and hopefully got them banned before they got a chance to start spamming members.
Good work, haven't got anything else! This happens all the time on other sites, you guys have done a great job.

Spammer among us!?!?

Hey all,
I just got a PM from someone named "whittringmi". It looks like they just signed up today and are spending the day PM'ing people. Mods may want to look into this person. If this is the wrong place, or is a legit person....sorry!
Bill

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
On it. Seems like they keep trying. I've banned this user. Please just delete any PM from him, and no need to notify us about him, if anyone else sees messages from him.

If you get any PM's from other users that seem spam-like, let us know!

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Ok sorry for the spam everyone. As Dane and Scott suggested they cleaned up everything that was created as a spam profile. I have also stepped up the new user registration requirements to hopefully ween out auto computer spammers but nothing is perfect and we can not stop people maliciously and purposefully creating profiles to send spam. Hopefully this is resolved for now and if not, well step the game some more :p

Sorry again for any issues

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
if anyone or multiple anyones' want to help us out and try to create some new profiles, that would be helpful. We will delete the profile shortly after creation just so you know

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;336978 said:
if anyone or multiple anyones' want to help us out and try to create some new profiles, that would be helpful. We will delete the profile shortly after creation just so you know
Can't tell if this is sarcastic or not.... Haha

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
ILoveChad;336981 said:
Seems to be working for new users accounts, who wants my SPAM?
Dang it looks like one slipped by lol - Ill get to work on deleting this one stat!!!!!!

GiraffeCat

Goby
M.A.S.C Club Member
If I knew how to hack :spy:, I would find them and let you all know where they live. I'm sure you would let the authorities handle it.:wink:

To the BOD - thanks for getting them banned for us.

Late,
GC