SPRING BREAK Snorkeling Los Cabos

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member

During our trip to Los Cabos, we got a chance to do a little snorkeling. We saw lots of yellow tail tangs. Exclusive to Cabo. A scarce amount of coral, being the most northern coral on the Pacific side. Some Heniochus. A few angels. And whatever that white and yellow fish is you see everywhere.

From the dock we saw parrot wrasses, sizeable blue spotted puffers, powder tangs, and a porcepine puffer.

Wouldn't recommend this trip for young children as the waves were rough and water was cold. Getting back to the boat was a bit of a challenge. Our 9 yr old and 6 yr old had a tough time. Aside from that the rest of us enjoyed swimming with the fish.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JNG

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I walked over to where the inlet for the marina is and there is plenty of cool stuff to look at by the rocks.

Perfect for kids as the water is so calm right there. Just take your own gear with you if you ever head back down there.

I so want to head over to Mike and Cindy's place. Looks so beautiful over there.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Summer is better for snorkeling. The winds were vicious while you were here, and the seas were churned up pretty bad. It's calming down now, thank goodness.
The yellow-tailed tangs are Sawtail Tangs. Did you get to see any of the flying rays? They're exclusive to this area, too.

Mike and I have Casa Coconuts in Los Barriles, about an hour north of Cabo. Smaller, quieter town. Great for families. 4 sets of gear in the rental unit. :)

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
FinsUp!;647579 said:
Summer is better for snorkeling. The winds were vicious while you were here, and the seas were churned up pretty bad. It's calming down now, thank goodness.
The yellow-tailed tangs are Sawtail Tangs. Did you get to see any of the flying rays? They're exclusive to this area, too.

Mike and I have Casa Coconuts in Los Barriles, about an hour north of Cabo. Smaller, quieter town. Great for families. 4 sets of gear in the rental unit. :)
I'm just throwing it out there but my peashooter speargun is there so if anybody from the club goes you're welcome to use it