Stn ?????

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I have a red dragon in the tank and can't decide if it stn or bleaching. On the side you view it on It's really looking good but on back side its white and patchy. At first I suspected stn but now I not so sure. It's slanted and the nice looking side doesn't receive as much light as the back. So when a coral bleaches can it do so in patches or do I need to for and hope or dip and frag. Or just move it to bottom of tank.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have read that it is a lower light acro and dose best in lower light. Might want to lower it for awhile.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So far that's what I have done. I kind of new with sps and don't want to go drastic unless I have to. All I have is iodine to dip with and don't know if that stresses them or not. Tryn to get an overall opinion before I do anything else. Thanks for the advice

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Alk was a little low was at 7-8 gently raised it. I use api so its not most accurate

SAZAMA

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
alk is the most important thing to your chemistry...remember natural seawater is around 8dkh, and any large fluctuation can cause stn or rtn IMO. some people run it higher( i could never figure out why), but as long as you dont swing too much you should be good.
Regaurds, Tony

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I trying to get it up. There has been large demand on tank not only have I added acros but I am holding for Jamie also. Do you use 2 part.