Thanks

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has helped me these past couple of weeks. Helped with filtering or good deals with equipment or corals or good advice. I've met some really great people in a short time and am very grateful to have done so.

Happy Easter

My tank so far

View attachment 2057

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
They will just open randomly, and yes you can coax the polyps out with food, but a regular schedule of feeding will train it to open at the same time every day.
Also just because it doesn't use light does not mean it needs to be shaded, I had it out in the open on top of the reef, and it would open every day in the evening around 4:00-5:00.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
hopefully I'm not at work when he comes out. I tried the food thing for 2 days. Oh well I'm sure I'll see him soon lol

the_fish_man

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The tank is looking great!

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
the_fish_man;89657 said:
The tank is looking great!
Thanks! :) I'm excited it's starting to come around lol

rockys_pride;89668 said:
I floated him in a little tubberware, I put some mysis in there and let him chow down for roughly 45 min. I'd discard the water and put him back in his place.
Great idea. I will try that when I get home from work. That would be a good schedule too. Or is there a certain time you would feed it?

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;89668 said:
I floated him in a little tubberware, I put some mysis in there and let him chow down for roughly 45 min. I'd discard the water and put him back in his place.
I've been floating the sun coral in a Tupperware everyday but they still don't bloom. They just stick out enough to let stuff get stuck. Hopefully they're eating enough. Any idea how long it takes for them to get used to my tank and show me their true glory?

[attachment=59707:name]

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
What are you feeding him?

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
a combo of cyclop-eez and blood worms or mysis. i just dump it into the tub and use a turkey baster for 45 minutes... to create a current

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
I used to feed the big mysis, thaw out, then place it in the tupperware. No current, just sit there. I made sure the shrimp landed on him though.

If he gives you trouble, I'll take him back of you want

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
He is out further than mine is. I've been putting mine in a tupperware also. He's slowly getting coaxed out to eat.
I just hope he is eating enough.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Zooid;90818 said:
He is out further than mine is. I've been putting mine in a tupperware also. He's slowly getting coaxed out to eat.
I just hope he is eating enough.
well that's a relief. it hasnt even been a week so I will give it time