What(who) gives?!

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Gabe - I think I've received 2 DBTC's from you. The first set was your first DBTC, and the zoas melted shortly after I put them in my tank. I believe they were cut too close. The 2nd one was some gorilla nipples that I lost when my tank crashed.

I have also tried to give out several corals, both as DBTC repeats, or just as DBTCs. Before my crash, I had a really nice blue challice that grew like a weed. I probably gave out 20 frags from it, and have only seen one posted for DBTC. That individual also offered me a replacement frag, which was great, I've just been too hectic to get it from him.

In all reality, I really like the DBTC program, but I am also not that concerned if the frags I give out become DBTC'd again. If it were up to me, I would change it to, "before you take a DBTC from me, you must post one for someone else". That way, there isn't any hard feelings if one of your frags isn't passed along, but you also know a coral is being added into the program.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
asneiman;204235 said:
In all reality, I really like the DBTC program, but I am also not that concerned if the frags I give out become DBTC'd again. If it were up to me, I would change it to, "before you take a DBTC from me, you must post one for someone else". That way, there isn't any hard feelings if one of your frags isn't passed along, but you also know a coral is being added into the program.
If there was one change made, this would be it... Also I'd add a forum for people that gave and then lost where they could ask for a frag back, ie after a tank crash or something (Monti eating nudis, for example...) they could link to the post showing they DBTCed it and then people could post up saying they can replenish that person with xyz coral.

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
BTW - DyM offered me a frag back of my chalice, without me even asking. Very nice of him to step up and do that!

That seems to be the spirit of the program in action. I haven't given or received yet because I'm just starting to venture into the coral end of the hobby. I tried to make some frags for the upcoming meeting but some died and the ones that didn't ain't pretty! It's my first attempt tho so I'm not worried about it. I think all of those suggestions are great and would benefit the program. I've got a frag that was sold to me as nukes that has gone from 3 heads to 7 but its still small. Can't wait til its big enough to frag and I can share it with others!