What you think about my stocklist????

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So am I crazy?
Ok I am getting a 150 gallon 5 foot long by 2 foot wide by 2 foot tall and it will have a swc 230 skimmer on it.
so heres the fish I want:

Sohal tang I will rehome when too big and will probably be the only tang
nice pair of clowns
pair of leopard wrasses
4-6 lyretail anthias
midas blenny
yellowhead jawfish
pair of red scooter blenny I know pod eaters

Maybes:
Pair of bluejaw triggers
sailfin tang
foxface
4-6 bartlett's anthias

please give suggestions:)

I'd go for a max of 4 of each species of Anthias. If two turn male or more, a bloodbath would be unavoidable - my personal experience with both species leopards are hard to keep too, tried about 7 of em, can't keep em alive for more than a week

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
I see that you note that scooters are pod eaters, but it sounds like this is a brand new tank. Scooters typically need a really well established tank with a very large pod population. How are you going to get enough pods in there for them to survive? Or are you going to wait a while to get them?

I think a Kole Tang would be a great addition. They're active, fun, and good algae eaters. And it wouldn't have to be rehomed down the road, or get stressed by the shortness of the tank (most tangs need a 6' long tank). I sure wouldn't want to try to catch a Sohol in a 150.

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Remember if u get a sohal it needs to be the last fish in the tank. They are beautiful fish but very very aggressive, I had one for about a year and I wish I could get him back but they will kill new comers to the tank.

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member

CindyL;240148 said:
I see that you note that scooters are pod eaters, but it sounds like this is a brand new tank. Scooters typically need a really well established tank with a very large pod population. How are you going to get enough pods in there for them to survive? Or are you going to wait a while to get them?

I think a Kole Tang would be a great addition. They're active, fun, and good algae eaters. And it wouldn't have to be rehomed down the road, or get stressed by the shortness of the tank (most tangs need a 6' long tank). I sure wouldn't want to try to catch a Sohol in a 150.
On the scooters
yes it will be a new tank. I will wait a couple of months first and dose pods.
I have had scooters in the past eating everything from flake to Frozen but then a rock shifted.

I had a kole tang go rouge on me in my 90 it kill a sailfin tang and a naso.

Sohal tang: I know these guys really need a 8 foot tank to thrive long term and they normally go rouge around 11 inches and he would be long gone before then. Catch him will be hard but I could keep them for 1-2 years before he's too big

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member

Dbarnes;240157 said:
Remember if u get a sohal it needs to be the last fish in the tank. They are beautiful fish but very very aggressive, I had one for about a year and I wish I could get him back but they will kill new comers to the tank.
Ya I heard they kill new comers so it will be the last fish in.

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member

I am going to scratch the sohal cause I think they should still in the ocean

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member

New ideas welcome

Rebel

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think you made a good choice on the sohal, though it can be tough to give up on a fish you have your heart set on. I would look into the kole again, if you like them. It sounds like you had an odd one. If you want a bit more color, a tomini tang is another active tang that won't end up too cramped in a few months.

Is this going to be a reef or FOWLR? That would open up a lot of doors. I always wanted to keep a harlequin tusk, myself. Never had the right opportunity.

Good luck--the planning is sometimes one of the most enjoyable parts.

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member

Rebel;240406 said:
I think you made a good choice on the sohal, though it can be tough to give up on a fish you have your heart set on. I would look into the kole again, if you like them. It sounds like you had an odd one. If you want a bit more color, a tomini tang is another active tang that won't end up too cramped in a few months.

Is this going to be a reef or FOWLR? That would open up a lot of doors. I always wanted to keep a harlequin tusk, myself. Never had the right opportunity.

Good luck--the planning is sometimes one of the most enjoyable parts.
Sorry it's a reef

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member

Dbarnes;240410 said:
Blue eye khole tangs are cool, they look great when they are fed right
I have to take a look

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member

I am still trying to get my parents to swing to a 180 cause there's a lot more fish that could go in there.
I love tangs BTW