Wrasse jumped through eggcrate

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Came home from work today to find my filamented flasher wrasse dried up on the floor. I have the top covered with eggcrate, but it somehow made it out anyway. Anybody seen any good ideas on how to do the mesh brs screening with hob overflows?

The joy of engineering is to find a straight line on a double logarithmic graph.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I had the brs type top on my 120. I made it small and zip tied egg crate stuff to the back couple inches to accommodate the over flow and suck. Worked pretty well.

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
They do that. Can't keep track how many I have seen do that, fishes that is. Sucks..sorry for your loss.

V

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dr.HarlemTutu;297952 said:
I had the brs type top on my 120. I made it small and zip tied egg crate stuff to the back couple inches to accommodate the over flow and suck. Worked pretty well.
+1. Did the exact same thing on my old 125 with hob overflow. No losses.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dr.HarlemTutu;297952 said:
Is this what you are talking about? of course there would be one for both sides.

[attachment=66384:name]

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Did you attach mesh to the eggcrate, or just leave that as-is? It would add a little extra security, but not sure if its really necessary

The joy of engineering is to find a straight line on a double logarithmic graph.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

Not the cleanest looking cover, but I'd like to see a fish try to jump through this. I tried setting it up like I drew, but the screen bars blocked light right above my nem and ****ed it off, so i cut the window screen to fit around the overflows.

Optimists say the glass is half full. Pessimists say the glass is half empty. Engineers say the glass is twice the size that it needs to be.