Yellow-eyed Kole Tang = Moron

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Don't really need any help...just venting.

I finally bought a better scraper from Cris at AA yesterday and gave the back glass (black coated) a good scraping which looks much better than it has in a few months. (I previously pulled off the hood and went after it with a straight-edge razor to clean it up which is why it didn't happen often.)

Now my yellow-eyed kole is getting frisky and tail-slapping the glass. He's banged himself up a bit while swimming through the rocks at warp speed, then tail-slapping the glass again. Fortunately at this point he hasn't gone after any other fish although everyone seems a bit stressed and is hanging out in the rocks.

Lights off for tonight; here's to hoping he chills out tomorrow and survives the bumps and scrapes. I really like him, yellow-eyed koles are pretty cool and he's like a big, happy dog when it comes to feeding time. He also does a great job cleaning algae.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
lol ya they will do that to mirrors too sometimes, he will get over it eventually

ayaws

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
All's well that ends well. He's back to his normal life. I think his overall message to me is stop being so lazy and scrape the back glass more...

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Or don't scrape it so much, so he can't see his reflection in it and go into attack mode. LOL

Chris_W

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
My kole was the most aggressive fish in the tank. Until someone got tired of the b/s and ripped it's eye out.