Yellow Watchman Goby questions

cent36

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey, I got a YWG and shrimp and put them in my tank. The shrimp went to town making a tunnel/home. The goby found the shrimp for a day and they snuggled up but then he left the house. He started hanging out around the top of the tank and eventually made it into my overflow box and then down the pipe to the fuge. I netted him out and put him back in the tank. Two days later (this morn) I found him in the overflow box again. Got him back in the tank proper but he just hung around the top again.

He looks thin and i haven't seen him eat. i have fed flake, pellet and frozen. not sure what's going on or if this is even normal....anyone have any insight?

My pink spotted always took the overflow down as well, last time I decided to leave him. However in the future I plan to make a screen to place over my overflow to stop this from happening and move him back to my display. I have a feeling this will be sooner rather than later as twice now I've had to pry stupid turbo snails out of my overflow where they go stuck and blocked flow... As for the eating thing. Just keep trying and watch him to see if he eats. I'm sure the stress of going down and up and down and up may have rattled him pretty good and it may take time for him to calm down again

cent36

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
i found a post elsewhere and someone mentioned getting the black filter sponge stuff and cutting it to the right size to fit in the top of the overflow inside the tank. This kept their snails and whatnot out for the same problem you mentioned.

My YWG has been in the tank for a week and a half now and still alive so I guess he's getting food somewhere.

Anyone else have any insights?