Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Today's progress:

My little helpers on Father's Day:

And my favorite part, adding water:

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tanks are almost full, rodi has been running for 8 hrs now.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Multi Tank Syndrome: 60F, 3x20L, 30L, 20H, 40B, 10

Can I recommend that you put the controller head unit outside the cabinet. Nice to see for monitoring and that's goons get pretty cramped soon.

Also, can you get a skimmer in and out?

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dr.HarlemTutu;353526 said:
Can I recommend that you put the controller head unit outside the cabinet. Nice to see for monitoring and that's goons get pretty cramped soon.

Also, can you get a skimmer in and out?
I have a skimmer that'll fit the first chamber just haven't cleaned it up yet.
I'll move the head unit behind, don't know why I didn't do that to start with *facepalm*

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
After much fiddling and tinkering:

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Stand doors in place, made some small toggles so I can completely remove the from and tank side right panels.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Update on the 30L:
Going tomorrow to get a dual t5 fixture for it as well as 2 maxijets which I'll hook up to a wavemaker. These will be hooked to my return nozels on the back wall. Hoping to not have to have additional power heads as these should provide enough variable movement being in the wavemaker.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Boys anemone tank is all setup and rocking:

All the Rock was already cycling in my refugium that I've had setup for some time. Have an rw-8 that's making a 1" wave across the nuvo. Took all the rock and water from that tank and added it today with some bactiv 8. My light on my coral tank does so had to move 8 zoas over after setup, hoping they survive.
Little guy has been super stoked and can't wait for his first fish to be added.
Top of his list:
Coral fish, hungry fish, grape fish.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Added sand, fish, and some corals today:

Zoas: blue berry field, mbc car cars, bams, orange explosion, blue macaw, utter chaos, skittles, speckled fire and ice
Really like the aquascaping that is on the right side with the rock tower:

Purple fire fish has taken up residence in the big rock:

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looking good Jeremiah!

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Not sure if this is a legit "setup" but she wanted me to include it.

wife's tank for at the hospital this past week:

Baby girl balloon
Betty bowl
Betta
Pink rocks
Peace lily

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
30nuvo long update:
Added the IM filter sock for the back end, chemipure and purigen to the media rack and will be adding two maxi jet 600 to the return nozels on a wave maker.
Added two new ati bulbs today, actinic and coral plus and made a huge difference.
FTS:

Macro island rock:

Orange explosions:

Utter chaos:

Bam bams:

Mbc car cars:

Speckled fire and ice:

Blue macaws:

Skittles:

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
60 frag:
Ended up taking the whole tank apart today. Going to replumb with PVC tomorrow and have scrapped the 2x250 in favor of a 400w setup that I got from Allyson at mind blowing corals (thanks again!!!). Took out the 40b after moving all the water, rocks, and macrows to three 20g tanks and pulled out two of the baffles, didn't like how they were arranged. So pretty much a tank remodel after only being setup a week :)

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
20H update:
Got this tank over the weekend, had been in storage at my parents garage for 10 years. Did a water test on it and it's still holding water. Currently using it as a holding tank and once the 60 frag has its remake this will be going to the neighbor kid. Helping him setup a fresh water tank with it.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Miah2bzy;354478 said:
60 frag:
Ended up taking the whole tank apart today. Going to replumb with PVC tomorrow and have scrapped the 2x250 in favor of a 400w setup that I got from Allyson at mind blowing corals (thanks again!!!). Took out the 40b after moving all the water, rocks, and macrows to three 20g tanks and pulled out two of the baffles, didn't like how they were arranged. So pretty much a tank remodel after only being setup a week :)
Better to do it now rather then wait until it's mature! Good luck!

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
3x20L update:
This project has been put to rest in favor of making room for the new baby girl to be born soon.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
40b update: ended up using this as my sump. Redoing the baffles tomorrow on it, less of an under over and more of a over under over setup. Making more room for the skimmer and return sections and less room in the refuge section.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
2x10 update: picking up the stand for this from my parents house this weekend and will be using this as a quarantine tank setup. Possibly going to be doing a glass holes setup with the two tanks plumbed together for future expansion as a display macro tank plumbed into my 60 frag setup but that too can wait until after baby is born.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
bathomassr;354521 said:
Keep the updates coming! Sounds like you are quite busy.
Ha! Wife is on bed rest till September and cannot take care of our two boys so I have cut way back on my work schedule. The boys and I are working on projects together to stay busy, hence all the updates. They loved putting the tank together in their room and can't wait for the big office build to be done.