60 shallow reef

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Rearranged the baffles today:

Much larger return section and skimmer section (added 3" to both) and I made a smaller refuge section; spaced out the baffles to allow for a heater section.
Planning on doing the refuge first with the drain on far right, middle as a skimmer section, small between baffle section for heaters and the return section at far left.
Will add eggcrate/knitting guide to the refuge side to keep out algae and snails.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Multi Tank Syndrome: 60F, 3x20L, 30L, 20H, 40B, 10

3/16 toggle bolts and galvanized cable hung. Tomorrow, the lights.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
30L: replaced the stock 240gph pump with 2 maxijet 600's. Was originally going to hook these into a wavemaker but decided I liked the more flow they were producing.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
lol at that tape job on the baffles, but looks good otherwise :p

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;354825 said:
lol at that tape job on the baffles, but looks good otherwise :p
They were cut a 16th or so too long and had to be put in at an angle...had to use the tape or they kept falling over :)

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Made a Denver trip today. Left glen wood springs at 5:00a and returned at 9p. Sooooo worth it though:

18 pee cups with multiple frags per cup, 3 ziplock baggees with multiple frags, and a ton of new macro algae. Thanks again to everything I visited, was given so much coral I stopped counting at 50 frags.
Shoutouts go to Seth Solomon (via Scott chase), shaunv (your tank looked amazing today shaun - when are we going to have a club meeting at your awesome house?), reeftankulous (thanks Val), and flyfish (was great to catch up Marc!).
Honorable mentions: tony (I still don't know your username) and charlie in Greeley.

Acclimation starts now.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wife was impressed as I left borrowing $60 from her for frags and returned with $120 cash back. Wapow!

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sweet! That was definitely with the trip. Looks like you've got your work cut out for you. Be sure to post pics of the full frag rack :)

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Everything has been acclimated, dipped, cleansed, rinsed, and tweezed. Will post another one when they have a day or to used to the lights.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Here's a list of what I've got so far:
Speckled fire and ice
Utter chaos
Orange explosion
Blue macaws
Skittles
Bam bans
Mbc car cars
Insane rainbows
Pinwheels
Pink kraks
Red hornets
Blue hornets
Tubbs blue
Rastas
Jason fox acid reflux
Armor of God
My clementine
Candy apple pink
Candy Apple red
Planet zoa blue lagoon
Mowhawks
Mint chocolate chip zoa
Scrambled eggs

Blue sympodium

Monti cap orange w yellow polyps
Monti cap green w blue polyps
Idaho grape
Red cap monti
Orange cap monti
Purple digi monti
Pocillapora
Birds nest (Tubbs)
Gsp
Setosa
Superman monticap
Bonsai

Macros:
Red dragon
Dragons breath
Callerpula
Dragons tongue

Last edited by a moderator:

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
bathomassr;355216 said:
That's a pretty good list!
Thanks! How has retirement been going?

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Picked up a 55 gallon from shaunv over the weekend that was originally Seth solomoms. Already has a float valve in place for rodi. Picking up the wood today to make a quick stand for putting this is the garage and moving my rodi water station out of the master bathroom (in my defense we have a his and hers side). We don't park our car in the garage and it's insulated so it makes a nice play area for the kids/wife's workout room/fish room.

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I actually grabbed the tank from FrostyFish on the same trip I went to see Seth. :)

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
20H update: got the 20H moved to the neighbors house today. The kid is 8 years old and super excited as his largest tank has been his 5 gallon. I'll post a pic or two when he decides what he's going to use it for.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

How high should I place my 400w mh fixture over the tank? Currently at about 3' over it

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
How are the frags doing? Everything running good?

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Shaunv;355706 said:
How are the frags doing? Everything running good?
Doing extremely well, I was going to be moving them to the 60 that I setup but they're doing so good don't want to jinx it! Only lost one of the montis (the one that got placed with the gsp). One zoa frag melted but I expected that to happen with at least one drag out of the 40 or so frags I picked up.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Update: all projects have been put on hold until we find out if wife has preclampsia, took to hospital last night and will find out today if we are having the baby this week or they're going to send her home with medications (32 weeks Prego).