60 shallow reef

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I had a friend go into labor @ 22 weeks due to the same condition. Her youngster was less that 2 lbs at birth and healthy now! Hope all is well with your family!!!

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dr.HarlemTutu;355767 said:
I had a friend go into labor @ 22 weeks due to the same condition. Her youngster was less that 2 lbs at birth and healthy now! Hope all is well with your family!!!
Thanks for the encouragement guys! This is our second stay at the hospital with this a baby (last was 3 weeks ago for over a week). Wife got to come home after 24 hrs in hospital today, meds helped keep her blood pressure low. Has been on bedrest for 2 months now. Hoping to make it to 36 weeks (3 more weeks). Have quit my day job and work mostly from home now, have had tremendous support from friends and family helping out. Will keep tinkering away with this project but it's much much slower going now, at least I got the 30L up in the boys room and most of the leg work done on the 60.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Multi Tank Syndrome: 60F, 3x20L, 30L, 20H, 40B, 10

Got a small window where the boys were sleeping to cut and put together a crude stand for the 55 on top and 20L underneath. Going to use the 55 as a salt mix station( already marked 50 gallons) - it is an all tempered tank so can't drill it anyways - and the 20L as a rodi holding tank. Between the two should always have salt water for water changes/emergencies and rodi water for topoff (been using the bathroom sink and wife gave the ultimatum to move the rodi unit out of the guest bathroom with the baby/inlaws coming to town soon).
I'm going to keep a wp25 on the 55 for mixing and aeration.

Should I toss a spare heater in there (all I've got is a 50w at the moment) or not worry about it with the pump heat?

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Boys and I worked on the 55/20L stand today:

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
60: Turned the pump on today after making a bunch of water:

Couldn't figure out how to keep the mangroves in but not in the water so I used some knitting guide plastic and cut an x for each one and then glued that to some eggcrate. Seems to b working so far.
Moved some rock to the display and had a lot of black slime on it, I think it was from the rotting macros that had been sitting for a week with little water movement. Looks better now and my filter sock on the drain is catching most of it.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
60: FTS

I've still got to hang the t5s and adjust the metal halide light but everything is running well so far.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

My plan is to have this tank be my backups from my other tanks/a grow out tank. The rocks will have corals I'm keeping and then off to left will be racks for holding frags or grow outs. I'm planning on the flat rock having Zoas as its been drilled to hold frags and will be my "zoa garden", large back high rock w sps and the other small flat rock for lps.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
60: test results from today
Salinity: 1.025
Kh/alk: 9.9/3.53
Ca: 365
No3: 0.01
Po4: 0
I've never tested before so if these are bad readings let me know and I'll retest or get different kits as these r somewhat old.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
30L: realized I hadn't updated about the latest pest. Had 1 zoa go Mia last week (blue lagoon), 2 that closed up for days on end which I moved to quarantine for possible zoa pox contamination. Been treating with tea tree oil, oregano oil, and thieves oil. Has stopped the culling but hasn't improved the Zoas condition/haven't opened in 5 days now.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
60FTs:

Still gotta add the t5 actinics, building s simple hanging syst for those.
Decided the galvanized cable was too many trips to the hardware store, got chains and was done in 10 minutes w hanging the light.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
What all do you guys do to keep the bubbles that pop out of the drain from throwing salt creep into the inside of the tank? I have a filter sock on the drain line however it's really course and I may need a finer one.

You can't see well in the pic but there's tank water that's been coming up into the edging of the tank.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I would cut a piece of acrylic the width of the sump and then cut grooves on one side just barely wider than the down pipes. You could make this two pieces meeting in middle of the pipes if you pleased :)

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;356746 said:
I would cut a piece of acrylic the width of the sump and then cut grooves on one side just barely wider than the down pipes. You could make this two pieces meeting in middle of the pipes if you pleased :)
Thanks Chad!

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
New baby! Had to take wife to hospital yesterday and doctors decided to c-section early (34 weeks and 2 days).
Meet Zoë