Amendment 64 passed!

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Blazinjack;203978 said:
Yep, that's why I voted against... I still can't smoke it... Federal DOT
You voted against it becuase you cant smoke it? What about the huge economical impact this can have for our local ecomony. This is a multi billion dollar a year industry and the tax money would go directly to schools, law enforcement and roads. Not to mention the direct impact of industrial hemp cultivation. Wether you believe it or not this country was built on hemp! The whole original idea behind making marijuana illegal is completley rediculous in the first place.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;204000 said:
You voted against it becuase you cant smoke it? What about the huge economical impact this can have for our local ecomony. This is a multi billion dollar a year industry and the tax money would go directly to schools, law enforcement and roads. Not to mention the direct impact of industrial hemp cultivation. Wether you believe it or not this country was built on hemp! The whole original idea behind making marijuana illegal is completley rediculous in the first place.
Ok here's my rant. People that smoke, sell, or grow marijuana have been breaking the law; both federal and state up to this point. They have been in this business tax free for years, if not decades, and all of the sudden someone says "hey, you can do it now, you just have to pay a little more!" Call me crazy, but if I got away with something for years, I'm not gonna pay more!! I'm going to continue to do it just the way I have been!! So if there is any additional income from taxes, it's going to go to detectives trying to enforce the tax side now, instead of the possession side, which will probably cost even more in LEOs and accountants. Not to mention Now they will be "legal" in the state, but still breaking the federal law. My understanding is if the state of Colorado accepts any money's from federally illegal activities, it puts them at risk from losing federal funding in a lot of areas. Also the money's were said to go into colorados general fund. If you know anything about Colorado you know that fund is the biggest joke In the country.
Further more, the amendment didnt stipulate any actual laws, it forced Colorado law makers to focus on this to make the laws Instead of focusing on much more important items.
So, it seems to me that a lot of money and time will frivolously be spent on something that is STILL ILLEGAL!!

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well said Jack.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Blazinjack;204005 said:
Ok here's my rant. People that smoke, sell, or grow marijuana have been breaking the law; both federal and state up to this point. They have been in this business tax free for years, if not decades, and all of the sudden someone says "hey, you can do it now, you just have to pay a little more!" Call me crazy, but if I got away with something for years, I'm not gonna pay more!! I'm going to continue to do it just the way I have been!! So if there is any additional income from taxes, it's going to go to detectives trying to enforce the tax side now, instead of the possession side, which will probably cost even more in LEOs and accountants. Not to mention Now they will be "legal" in the state, but still breaking the federal law. My understanding is if the state of Colorado accepts any money's from federally illegal activities, it puts them at risk from losing federal funding in a lot of areas. Also the money's were said to go into colorados general fund. If you know anything about Colorado you know that fund is the biggest joke In the country.
Further more, the amendment didnt stipulate any actual laws, it forced Colorado law makers to focus on this to make the laws Instead of focusing on much more important items.
So, it seems to me that a lot of money and time will frivolously be spent on something that is STILL ILLEGAL!!
First off, marijuana has been legal in Colorado for the past 3 years with no Federal issues. As someone who has been legal under ammendment 20 for medical reasons for the past 3 years I can tell you 2 things.

1. I pay taxes on my medicine, got away with not having to for a while, I still know illegal growers and people who sell through the streets, but I chose to go about this the right way, the way it was intended for.

2. Even with the added tax, the price through a medicinal dispensory is still well cheaper than a street vendor, and much better quality, so yes, I will go and pay the tax and I know plenty of other smokers who say the exact same thing.

I think you might need to re read exactly what the amendment intailed Jack, you seem to be a bit unclear, other than the fact they leagalized weed. Its still going to be regulated, its still illegal to grow with out a caregivers liscense, the quality will be regulated and where it can be sold will be regulated.

Why is it OK to dispense alcahol and cigerettes and nearly every corner store, liquor store and gorcery store when they are proven to be responsible for the most deaths in the country, yet marijuana, which has been proven to posess many positive qualities and has never been proven to be linked to any type of DUI related accidents, Liver failure, emphasema or cancerous growths in your lungs is such a problem?? Thats what gets me.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
So, the "Tax" part of the law was not valid. So this will actually not generate any revenue for the state to start with.

The proponents of Amendment 64 told voters that it imposed a surtax of up to 15 percent on marijuana sale that would result in up to $40 million each year going to K-12 schools in the state. In fact Amendment 64 did not comply with required language under the Taxpayers Bill of Rights and no such tax will be imposed. Instead it will be up to the Colorado Legislature whether to refer such a tax to the voters and up to the voters of Colorado whether to actually impose the tax. Therefore, such revenue is speculative and will not be forthcoming when Amendment 64 begins to be implemented.

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;204031 said:
First off, marijuana has been legal in Colorado for the past 3 years with no Federal issues. As someone who has been legal under ammendment 20 for medical reasons for the past 3 years I can tell you 2 things.

1. I pay taxes on my medicine, got away with not having to for a while, I still know illegal growers and people who sell through the streets, but I chose to go about this the right way, the way it was intended for.

YOU might be one of 5% that might actually go the "by the book" route. Why wouldn't you grow your own, not pay anyone and save yourself any taxation at all...after all you are allowed to grow 6 plants for yourself?!?

2. Even with the added tax, the price through a medicinal dispensory is still well cheaper than a street vendor, and much better quality, so yes, I will go and pay the tax and I know plenty of other smokers who say the exact same thing.

I think you might need to re read exactly what the amendment intailed Jack, you seem to be a bit unclear, other than the fact they leagalized weed. Its still going to be regulated, its still illegal to grow with out a caregivers liscense, the quality will be regulated and where it can be sold will be regulated.

FALSE, it will absolutely be legal for ANYONE over the age of 21 to grow up to 6 plants (without any licensing), and to give a "gift" of up to 1 ounce to anyone else over the age of 21. What a complete joke to think this is going to be regulated and done within these constraints. Read Section 3(b)

Why is it OK to dispense alcahol and cigerettes and nearly every corner store, liquor store and gorcery store when they are proven to be responsible for the most deaths in the country, yet marijuana, which has been proven to posess many positive qualities and has never been proven to be linked to any type of DUI related accidents, Liver failure, emphasema or cancerous growths in your lungs is such a problem?? Thats what gets me.

Why are we still using other substances as an example/crutch to propagate the use/distribution of more substances? THAT is where the slippery slope begins...just ask the Netherlands!

"...has never been proven or linked to any type of DUI related accidents..."?? Seriously?!? I'll let the cat of the bag if it hasn't already been done...I'm in law enforcement and that is the most asinine thing I've ever read about this initiative. I guess I've been arresting people falsely and watching lives devastated falsely. Mark my word on this, DUID's are now going to skyrocket!!

That was some of the best comedy I've ever read. The main rationale provided by "researchers" was in how the substance is allegedly used. The rationale that stoned people stay at home and aren't social so they aren't driving, okay....what now?? If it's now going to be legal and nobody has anything to worry about with possessing and consuming, it WILL become completely social just as alcohol and God save us and our kids on the roadways. Nobody is even considering the fact that weed and alcohol will be consumed simultaneously in these new social environments. Awesome.

And while the "study" concluded that drunk drivers speed and MJ users don't...while that is funny because of the MJ stereotypes, it's not the real world. The real world is many DUI's if not more than half drive VERY slowly. I've seen DUI's at a dead stop on I25, or maybe it was MJ. ;) What a joke this all is, honestly. Rhetoric to just rationalize away peoples desire to do whatever they want extending their "freedoms" while encroaching on others.

how many people died from the use of alcohol last year? and how many from mj?
you keep saying you have seen lifes ruined from mj and thats a lie.
and tes anyone over the age of 21 will be able to grow up to six plants but most will not, growing quality mj is harder to grow then the most demanding sps.

sent from my HTC evo 4G

reefcheif, you know medical marijuana has been around alot longer then 3 years in colorado right? its been here for over 10 with minimal problems.

sent from my HTC evo 4G

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
In all honesty I dont know why Im even arguing this. I dont use recreationally, I specifically use MJ for stomach ailments caused by my bout with pancreatic cancer, and I dont smoke, I specifically use edibles, I guess I just see the positive benefits if this is done right. All you recreational user should start chiming in here! LOL

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
freedominco;204097 said:
reefcheif, you know medical marijuana has been around alot longer then 3 years in colorado right? its been here for over 10 with minimal problems.

sent from my HTC evo 4G
YEs, this was passed in 2000, I think my wordage was wrong, Ive been legal for 3 years.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
a bag of it;204106 said:
Let's get something straight sps is much harder to take care if than almost any plant especially cannabis

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note
Ill agree with that one for sure!

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
freedominco;204095 said:
how many people died from the use of alcohol last year? and how many from mj?
you keep saying you have seen lifes ruined from mj and thats a lie.
and tes anyone over the age of 21 will be able to grow up to six plants but most will not, growing quality mj is harder to grow then the most demanding sps.
Again with the comparing! Tiring.

I keep saying I have seen lives devastated/ruined/hurt/damaged/(add something negative here)...from FIRSTHAND experience...whereas you speak from ignorance and a rhetoric filled agenda with your head buried in the sand. You can call me a liar, which shows truly how ignorant you are about this topic, but I take such accusations pretty seriously. When was the last time you saw a 4 year old little girl in the ER for an overdose of "Reef Cola". Packaged all nice and colorful next to the edibles that were tasty as well. Heart wrenching to see a 4 year old stoned out of their mind. There's ONE recent example of tons I could provide. Don't even get me started on DUID's. If you have any further "lies" commentary, please PM them to me. Thanks, I'm done on here.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
ShelbyJK500;204122 said:
Again with the comparing! Tiring.

I keep saying I have seen lives devastated/ruined/hurt/damaged/(add something negative here)...from FIRSTHAND experience...whereas you speak from ignorance and a rhetoric filled agenda with your head buried in the sand. You can call me a liar, which shows truly how ignorant you are about this topic, but I take such accusations pretty seriously. When was the last time you saw a 4 year old little girl in the ER for an overdose of "Reef Cola". Packaged all nice and colorful next to the edibles that were tasty as well. Heart wrenching to see a 4 year old stoned out of their mind. There's ONE recent example of tons I could provide. Don't even get me started on DUID's. If you have any further "lies" commentary, please PM them to me. Thanks, I'm done on here.
Dude, that has nothing to do with MMJ in general, thats called poor parenting, BOTTOM LINE.

That is the parenting if you wanna gripe about "law enforcement" i cannot tell you of the countless times i have see police and firefighters from denver and all of its suburbs getting wasted and driving most of em do it all the godaaaaaamn time that is sickening!