Amendment 64 passed!

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
What about the State Patrol guy who got a DUI last year, WHILE ON DUTY! Admitted ot being drunk and tested way above the legal limit.

he probaly lost his job weed should be right there with booze period its our choice the voters approved it if law enforcement wants to go aganst the general public that is their bad and people remember when it come tax increase time just as the fed they will not take repeated kicks to the approval groin because we added pot to our state constitution as did washington they will back off and i bet its remevoed from the controlled substances list within 5 years

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
bigfoot610;204130 said:
That is the parenting if you wanna gripe about "law enforcement" i cannot tell you of the countless times i have see police and firefighters from denver and all of its suburbs getting wasted and driving most of em do it all the godaaaaaamn time that is sickening!
Yes because business people and construction workers don't drink and drive and doesn't make you sick. Anyone that consumes anything that makes them impaired shouldn't drive or be around kids period. Because those people that had the food pot were probably stoned out of their minds to think about the children or the access to such drugs. Again peoples choice still doesn't beat the law. State law can not trump federal law period.

a bag of it;204106 said:
Let's get something straight sps is much harder to take care if than almost any plant especially cannabis

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note
I said quality

sent from my HTC evo 4G

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;204128 said:
Dude, that has nothing to do with MMJ in general, thats called poor parenting, BOTTOM LINE.
Its a combination. If that was not available for purchase, it would never of been in the kids hands.

I will compare Alcohol to MJ. by legalizing Alcohol it made it easier for minors to obtain. How many of us in college and highschool were able to get alcohol?

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Marijuana has never been legal and readily available, and as kids we never had a hard time finding it, legalizing it does not change that. By legalizing it it take the alure away, the secrecy is gone, sure for some it doesnt change anything, but for others they will not be as interested becuase its not taboo anymore.

Legal or not, people are going to smoke weed, just as they did with alcohol during prohibition (sp?), legalization just opens doors for where this can go in the future, we dont know if we dont try.

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;204149 said:
Marijuana has never been legal and readily available, and as kids we never had a hard time finding it, legalizing it does not change that. By legalizing it it take the alure away, the secrecy is gone, sure for some it doesnt change anything, but for others they will not be as interested becuase its not taboo anymore.

Legal or not, people are going to smoke weed, just as they did with alcohol during prohibition (sp?), legalization just opens doors for where this can go in the future, we dont know if we dont try.
I don't know anyone that smoked or drank because it was a secret or it was taboo. Everyone does it for the affect alone

personally i dont use it havent in 20 years but watching the police dea and other agencys spend billions a year to stop is a joke you can never dent it EVER im tired of knowing that billions end up in the hands of mexican cartels and they run around cutting eachother up into little pieces with a chainsaw everyday if legalizing this puts money in our govenments pockets instead of cartels that is reason #1 we need the money more then they do all state and federal treasuries are writing hot checks if you think their not ur sadly mistaken we need to get money from somewhere instead of borrowing it the state needs its money from the fed the fed borrows from china or other sources....... id rather not have us finance more foreign money for the war on pot its usless spending and if it gets us tax money so we actually have a + flow of a minimal type go right ahead legalize all of it and tax the heii out of it. fighting a drug one in four us adults use weekly is a joke period i dont care if your the pope wasting money when it is 100% completely uncontrollable is a joke any way you cut it....... and the at work drug testing will change as fast as pots schedule 1 listing

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Just to throw this out there, legalizing and allowing for lagitmanet local sales takes the grasp away from the cartels as well, this is a huge blow to them alone.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
deboy69;204150 said:
I don't know anyone that smoked or drank because it was a secret or it was taboo. Everyone does it for the affect alone
I think you missed the point, or i worded this wrong. First off, I never said alcahol was taboo. What makes weed "more" taboo is the secrecy generally behind it. Example, parents that smoke generally try and keep this form there kids, kids are not stupid and know something is going on. "why do my parents alwyas go back in the room and I hear caughing and smell a funny smell, what are they back there doing", this secrecy is what makes it taboo for younger generations. "Its obviously not bad becuase my parents are doing it, but why do they hide it?". This is when curiosity kicks in and as we all know, curiosity killed the cat. What I was saying is there is going to be less curiosity with it being openly legal, thus in turn making it seem less taboo.

I do disagree with your comment about everyone does it for the effects alone. You ever had pancratic cancer that causes extreme stomach ailments to the point where you cannot eat or keep fluids down, and nothing the doctors gave you work and the only thing you can find to help with these issues is MJ? Didnt think so.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Curious if the consensus and false stance behind the legalization for MJ is medical MJ, what was wrong with leaving the laws as they were before Tuesday?

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
In all honesty Im not sure, Im a medical MJ patient so this dosent really change anyting for me one way or the other.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
bigfoot610;204131 said:
i have met 3 police officers in my life that werent huge p****s on ego trips
Let me guess that your talking about our three club members that are officers.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

ReefCheif;204225 said:
Just to throw this out there, legalizing and allowing for lagitmanet local sales takes the grasp away from the cartels as well, this is a huge blow to them alone.
I normally don't wade into these types of waters but if you think this is a huge "blow" to cartels you have smoked way too much in your life my friend.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Swanny;204308 said:
I normally don't wade into these types of waters but if you think this is a huge "blow" to cartels you have smoked way too much in your life my friend.
Actually, if you took the time to read through the thread youd see numorus posts where I point out that I dont smoke, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. And furthermore, having a brother in the DEA has its beneifts, and my sources tell me different. By leagalizing you take the product out of the cartels hands, they will not be able to distirbute illegally anymore, and I doubt they will start setting up pot shops legally, so yeah!

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Man, there sure is a lot of speculation in this thread! Nobody knows how the deregulation is going to play out, we are the first state to legalize it. We cant go off of what other countries experiences are, sure there might be similarities in the future but we just dont know.

For those saying there is going to be a influx of stoned drivers; no there is not. People who enjoy Marijuana have been enjoying it before A64 passed. Those who drove on MJ have been doing so before A64. Sure there might be new users now but its not like there is going to be this huge drastic change in people in Colorado. For the most part we will still go along our business without much change.

For the Idiocy about MJ ruining peoples lives. WAKE UP! MJ has not ruined anyone's life. If someone who uses MJ's life has been ruined, their issues go deeper than smoking weed. Its not the pot that ruined their life. (this is not in regards to the accident about the little girl posted earlier)

For those who say it will be easier accessible for the kids, WAKE UP. It is just as easy, if not easier for a child to get MJ then it is alcohol. It is up to YOU the parent to educate your child on what YOU feel is right and wrong.

For the whole cartel thing, WAKE UP. First of all 2 states legalizing weed will not impact cartels. If anything the multitude of states legalizing for medicinal use are having a bigger impact. Not only that but here is a little weeducation for you; Cartels don't grow "kind buds" The crap they grow is "wild" grown (shwag) which has little value in todays market. Kind buds are not typically grown outdoors (cartels method). "Kind" buds are grown indoors (typically) under very strict and controlled environments. The MJ that dispensaries sells is "kind" only. Again, "wild" grown outdoor MJ has little value anymore (except maybe states that do not have MMJ laws in effect).

I hate to break it to you folks who are so dead set against MJ but its not that boogeyman drug that 6th grade health education class engrained into your head. A lot of humans need a crutch and in the eyes of many, MJ is a much safer alternative to alcohol, hence, probably why A64 passed.

For the time being, weed it here to stay and the people have spoken. If you don't like the direction Colorado has headed, there is 48 states to live in which it is still illegal.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
YESSSS. Way to sum it up!