beer connoisseurs, take note!

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You might as well stop at Oscer Blues while your out in that direction. They just moved their tasting room to longmont from Lyons which isnt too far out of the way.

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dale's is really good! I also like Old Chub, although the alcohal is a little too high for me but I think that adds to the flavor of the beer and wouldnt taste the same with it any less. I'm really looking for a good clone recipe of it to make at home.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
you gotta try some dogfish head 60 minute ipa ...thats my number 1 fav.

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I definitely will! I am a big hop-head.

It's a hard one to find but Broken Halo IPA brewed in Oregon is really good. One of my top IPAs

A clone of DPA or Old Chub? I did a pretty close clone to DPA. I want to clone the IPA at Rock Bottom called Gila. I havn't had much luck finding a clone recipe for it as of yet. I know its dry hopped with Amarillo which Is a very tasty hop.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm not much of an IPA person, I'm more interested in fruit beers!! For our wedding I made a blackberry beer, it was delicious! As far as recipes and such I just seach good ole' google lol.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mantid;24135 said:
I definitely will! I am a big hop-head.

It's a hard one to find but Broken Halo IPA brewed in Oregon is really good. One of my top IPAs
i think ive seen that at wallaby's liour warehouse ...i'll be looking for it now

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
lvlajestix18;24148 said:
A clone of DPA or Old Chub? I did a pretty close clone to DPA. I want to clone the IPA at Rock Bottom called Gila. I havn't had much luck finding a clone recipe for it as of yet. I know its dry hopped with Amarillo which Is a very tasty hop.
A clone of the Old Chub.

You have the same palette as I do! I also like the Rock Bottom's IPA especually because they hop their IPA with only Amerillo. If you find a clone of that, let me kow. I wish it wasnt a seasonal, I asked for it the other day and nope, season is over.:(

I love Amarillo and is great for all around bittering, taste and aroma. I am actually growing them. Unfortunatally I didnt harvest in time this year because I was too busy.

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
dv3;24154 said:
isolation ale is a great seasonal ale ....try that one too!

Thats by odells, right? Im sure I have had it but dont really remember it. "2 Below" by New Belgium is really good this season. about 3-4 seasons ago it was terrible!

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mantid;24156 said:
Thats by odells, right? Im sure I have had it but dont really remember it. "2 Below" by New Belgium is really good this season. about 3-4 seasons ago it was terrible!
ya its odell's
ill try that 2 below it was on sale somewhere this week

i tryed some left hand 12 pack mix and boulder pass time tonight ....GROSSS!

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah I went and did some tasters at Left Hand and the guy that was serving me just sat and talked **** about all the fort collins breweries. This was after we tried them all so I didnt make my decision on what beers I like based on his comments. lol . I think he was a little bitter (no pun intentded) about the fact that he was serving so-so beer. I try to stay as un-bias about breweries as I can, I just want a good beer, I dont care where its from, so long as I like it. I am glad though, that fort collins has some pretty dang good micro brews. But I agree, Left Hand has yet to impress me with anything as of yet.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
gross ...lol
its a pale ale made by boulder beer called pass time

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
im not the big time beer rater ...im more of a pass fail type of guy ...if it passes and its on sale i'll buy it ....lol

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mantid;24168 said:
Its been a while since I have tried any Left Hand. Did you try any tonight that you liked?
nope ...i had milks stout, sawtooth and deep cover tonight ..id rather drink little kings ...lol....seriously all jokes aside it was all nasty

Left Hand made some ginger one that was pretty good. Yea Isolation Ale is good. Boulder Brews Hazed and Infused can be good but can be bad. They don't seem like they keep clean or they mess something up quite a bit there. I have tried a number of beers from there and seems like every other one I try taste different.