beer connoisseurs, take note!

Aku

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
hurrafreak;24149 said:
I'm not much of an IPA person, I'm more interested in fruit beers!! For our wedding I made a blackberry beer, it was delicious! As far as recipes and such I just seach good ole' google lol.
I like fruit beers a lot too... I just don't like them too sweet. When I start thinking about the beers with "fruit juice" it gives me a headache just thinking about it.

Have you tried cb&potts apricot? It is quite similar to the pyramid apricot. Not too sweet and pretty light. I think Saturdays are 5 dollar growlers.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have tried it lol!! Its pretty good. We also made a dessert wine for our wedding as well lol. I tend to like sweeter things but also like the occasionall dark beer :)

I think some of the best beer in Fort Collins is at Cooper Smiths. Their Punjabi Pale Ale and Mountain Ave Wheat are tasty. After growing up in Oregon however I am partial to Widmer, Deschutes Brewery, and Full Sale. Oregon has some fine fine beer.

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
What wrong w/ yager? Same topic my company will be installing 5 3250 gallons holding tanks at a local brewery in Fort Collins tomarrow! Hope to have a coupple of cold ones after the work is done!

Im drinking some dales pale ale for the first time and man its awesome best beer i ever had that came from a can i was a little sketchy buying it for that reason i never had a micro brew from a can. I guess ill have to try mommas little pils next

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
In my opinion, its all about how the beer hits your tongue. Drinking from a can tastes different than drinking from a bottle or glass. I tend to poor my beers into a glass when I have beer from a can, not that I wont drink from a can, Im not that picky. Glasses give off more of an aroma and I like that, especially when drinking a hoppy beer. But I would agree with you Juan, it did taste different from a can after so many years of drinking if from a glass or bottle. It seem to have more of a roasty flavor out of the can?!

Im sure if dales was in a bottle it would taste different i guess their just trying to be different by selling it in cans its good beer def. would buy it again. I just pour my beers into a glass also so it still taste great some beers taste better out of a glass anyway

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Rock Bottom has a seasonal amarillo hopped IPA which is one of the best I may have had. Its the only brewery close to me that I know of.

Its off the main street not sure what the street name is but i know Crabtree is on A street buy train tracks. Its like 3 bucks a beer and tasting is free they have a little bar there and the owners are really nice. 625 3rd St. #D thats their address

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks Dan! you know of any others here in Greeley or close by? I know all the ones in Fort Collins.