beer connoisseurs, take note!

roto

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mantid;24162 said:
Yeah I went and did some tasters at Left Hand and the guy that was serving me just sat and talked **** about all the fort collins breweries.
Ha, that's funny Chad. I went there for a tour the weekend of last year's GABF and I had that same guy serving me (assuming they don't train all their servers to talk **** like that.)

Anyway, I thought they had some decent brews and I'll pick up Sawtooth every once in a rare while, but Dale's is far superior. The new Oscar Blues tasting room and tour are way cooler too. Beware anything of theirs that is cask aged though. I think you can only get it in the tasting room... not sure. Anyway, if you think their regular beers will add hair to your chest (or possibly strip it off if it touches it) the cask aged versions will make it jump off your chest and run away crying.

BTW, they do the cans for environmental reasons I believe. Don't ask me the details. I've been seeing New Belgian in cans recently too. Go figure.

I'd say we're pretty lucky in the beer department around here in general though. Thanks Charlie!

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Chad, I agree, they do do it for environmental reasons. If it were up to me, as much as I like drinking from a bottle sometimes, I would like to see all brew go to can.

I have heard very good things about Oscar Blues new tasting room! I have yet to go but thought about meeting an old friend there this weekend. I hear the food it great too as they also expanded the menu. I hope the environment is still rustic/hippy/jazz like the old place. It felt comfortable in that place and I was sad when they said they were moving it.

roto

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
I can't say for sure how it compares to their old location since I was never there, but I get the impression they tried to replicate at least the feel of it. It's a bit strange though, sitting in the corner of what is otherwise a giant warehouse as it is. You go into a fairly nondescript side-door in the warehouse and find yourself in a cool bar. My guess is you'll like it.

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
yep, sounds like the old place. I had no idea where to enter the old one the first time I went. I kept trying to get into the actual brewery part, but no tasting room was behind any of those doors. lol

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
oscar blues W of longmont? That place is awesome my father inlaw and i stop there in the summer when on the Harleys, it is aawesome enviroenment, very cool hang out! And the sweet potato frys rock!

I know were I camp at and on beaches you could not have bottles there only cans because of the glass

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ska makes some pretty good beer in a can, surprisingly good considering all the other beers they make ....can't think of the names but they are the green and the blue can

Aku

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mantid;28010 said:
Guess what everyone! Another new brewery opening in Fort Collins in addition to the one I already mentioned. Some of you may know the guy opening it. Colin and his wife owners of Hops and Berries home brew supply store is opening Equinox Brewing Co at the beginning of April!

Here is the article:
http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009912290310

I get way to excited about this. lol
Nice, that will be cool. I'll have to check it out. I'm guessing that he isn't going to be around at hops and berries as much.

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haddonisreef;28039 said:
What dont your understand?Hvae you heard of Fort Collins brewery? It will be just to the east on Odells!
Yes, Fort Collins brewery is an already existent brewery, they are just moving.

The two new breweries coming to Fort Collins are Pateros Brewing Compony and Equinox Brewing Co.

Haddonisreef;28016 said:
The berwery we were working @ is Fort Colllins brewery on the corner of Lincoln and Lemay!
This is random and doesnt fit into the conversation anywhere, unless I missed something, thats what I didnt understand. And yes I know what Fort Collins Brewery is.

The brewery that you are working at?? Im still confused.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
just tried a new brew last night that was pretty good ..suprisingly it is made by anheuser-Busch

Hoegaarden Wheat Beer .....try it !

Mantid

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think its brewed in oak wine barrols to give it that taste. That is one beer that I have to say that I dont like. That might be a first for me! lol.