MuralReef 360 Classroom Tank

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I have fishues!!

May have issued all of my fish a death sentence. I added a copperband butterfly and some Banggaii cardinals on Saturday all appeared healthy and were feeding. Tonight while feeding before I was leaving I noticed some white spots on my blue tang. It didn't look like ich. I may be overreacting. I looked up pictures when I got home but it didn't look like velvet or brooklynella. I may be crazy. I didn't take any pics the blue moves too fast since I noticed while feeding.

My scopas tang had harassed the butterfly and had started to lay off today. I don't know if that was just establishing a pecking order or if it was pick on the sick kid. The butterfly hasn't been rubbing but has lost some scales due to the fighting. On another note I am yet to see all of the cardinals since my existing cardinal has chased off the others. I see some of them during feeding but they come out eat and flee.
I'll take a look tomorrow hopefully I didn't just kill all of my fish because I can't figure out a good quarantine system?

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I've tried but my quarantine efforts have been a death sentence. I haven't set it up with a reliable top off and if I set it up at school there is no way to feed on weekends. I think I need to set it up at home and feed before I leave and when I get home during the week. I just need to do it at home and then transfer them to school. The other problem was I had no way to top off at home, but I guess for quarantine I could use tap water right?

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Since I got the rodi at Reefed I have two systems at school. I could bring my old one home.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Just ich. The tang is thick, eating, and acting normal. Just going to start adding some garlic to the food and keep adding Marine Max.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Just wanted to thank Andrew, Smiley, and Algaebarn. Algaebarn hooked me up with some phyto this weekend. And Andrew and Smiley gave me some tickets to get some frags even though I wasn't able to bring any this swap. Huge thanks to these great guys!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Manually until I got the doser. Calcium seems stable at 460 and kH is at 7. Things are growing and looking good.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President

New big dog in the house!! Thanks to Nick. He has another beauty like this one in stock.

Awesome fish! Keep the pics comin'!