MuralReef 360 Classroom Tank

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
So a student asked today what happened to the yellow fish that was in the tank? Hadn't noticed it missing and found my yellow coris chip on the floor behind the tank! I've had her for a year and a half. I guess I need to add a screen top.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
No more cyano and things are growing really well again. Even some corals I had written off.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Looks great man, glad to hear the issues have cleared up.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I don't know why I ever tried dosing. Calcium reactor on this size tank is the only way to go. Plus now that I'm there M-F my weekly 25 gallon change is easy and only takes 15 minutes.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Haddonisreef;333203 said:
Looks good for sure some lucky kids!!
Was telling someone yesterday that the kids gather around the tank at the end of every class. Each class has their own names for the fish too.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
SkyShark;333216 said:
Looks great! What ended up doing the trick for the cyano? Just time and improved water quality?
Pretty much. I've stayed on top of the refreshing carbon and GFO. I've also been doing 25 gallon per week water changes.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Now that I'm doing regular maintenance things are coming along. I think I'm starting to starve my sand sifters though. Lost my diamond goby on Friday and he was emaciated. I had been spot feeding his burrow for the last month but he just wasn't active and coming out. Sand bed is clean so I'm thinking one of my two sand sifting stars needs to go.