MuralReef 360 Classroom Tank

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Probably get some more tomorrow. Took those at 7:30 right before I left after a long day.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I have my planning from 1:30-2:30. After wrestling season ends on the 16th I'll be free after 2:30 most days also.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
LiquidDecent;276878 said:
The pictures are great, having seen the tank in person I can say they don't do it justice, but still nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I need to bring in my camera. I know the iPhone can take good pics I just haven't figured out how!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
kutcha;276896 said:
so what did you do with the tank that had the crack in the bracing?
I sold it. He was planning on using it as a sump. There were a variety of pieces laminated on the top so it would have needed to be cut to replace the top. Plus I got it for free from a friend and it would have needed to be buffed to remove the scratches. I still have the steel stand though.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
You have a marble wrasse in there? Awesome, one of my favorite fish of all times, I have one too!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
ReefCheif;276911 said:
You have a marble wrasse in there? Awesome, one of my favorite fish of all times, I have one too!
Yup. I got it at the same time as the yellow coris wrasse. None of them have touched the red flatworms even the melanarus wrasse. But they also don't eat any of my shrimp.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Feed less :)

My wrasses stopped hunting for food when I made sure everyone in the tank was nice and plump. After cutting back on feedings, my 2 wrasses swim side by side most of the day looking for micro fauna.

Not a guaranteed solution...but the flatworms are feeding on something. Either way, cutting back on feedings could help reduce their numbers.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
jahmic;276924 said:
Feed less :)

My wrasses stopped hunting for food when I made sure everyone in the tank was nice and plump. After cutting back on feedings, my 2 wrasses swim side by side most of the day looking for micro fauna.

Not a guaranteed solution...but the flatworms are feeding on something. Either way, cutting back on feedings could help reduce their numbers.
Just worried if I feed less they will eat my shrimp and not the worms.

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lol. Valid point. My red velvet fairy probably killed my cleaner wrasse as a result of cutting back on feedings.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Once the Naso is a little more settled in I will probably run some Flatworm Exit after I have repeatedly cleaned them out. I sucked a lot out through filter socks a couple of times last week and they are a lot better but I don't want as many when I add that.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
+1. I had the same problem for a while, dialed back the amount i was feeding at once and it triggered the wrasses to do more forriging (sp?) The marble wrasse and leapord pair swim together and pick at the rocks. Ihavnt seen a flat worm in a while. My rainbow rock wrasse is a loaner though, but no fighting between the 4 in a 75 gallon. Im pretty happy with that.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
So how much should I dial it back. I feed frozen twice daily M-F and pellets and nori once a day. Weekends is only pellets and nori 3 times a day.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I would feed at the same times, but I would cut back the amount your feeding each time. Start with like 10% less and see if that makes a difference.