MuralReef 360 Classroom Tank

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Oh what's that first one in there? That is where the aquarium is coming apart again!!! The line on the right was probably 2 months ago. I thought it hadn't progressed until I was looking again today and I marked the line on the left. We will see what happens. I am not sure what to do. This may force a rebuild that I have not been wanting to do, but may not have a choice!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ugh.. that is unfortunate. I think we better find you a new tank ASAP

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
You can fix it but it is ugly, basically you glue in square rods along the bottom, might make a good pond then
though

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Pic after the Weldon 3 I added yesterday. View attachment 11089 I thought that it hadn't filled the entire gap, but looking at it this morning it did. Hopefully that will hold it until I have a permanent solution. I am thinking that I would probably keep the same footprint, but I would go up to 30" to add some depth. I really can't reach the bottom now so adding 6" wouldn't change that too much. Plus I am planning on revamping how the filtration is housed under the tank. I would like to pull the tank 12-18" off of the wall and add a catwalk behind it so that I have access to the tank from all 4 sides. I also want redo the sump and all of the plumbing. I really don't want anything to sticking out as it is now. I might look at getting a new sump all together or just sliding the existing sump completely under the tank. I also want to get a new ATO tank and add a tank to mix salt and have them stacked under the tank. I really want to redo the whole canopy with angled aluminum so that I have easier access to the top of the tank.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Looks better, but fingers crossed it doesnt keep spreading and hold for a little while, or at least until you can find a new tank.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
So I was looking back at my thread and wow it has been a long road with a lot of ups and downs! I had no idea that I set this tank up over 5 years ago! Now I need to think about another transition. This one went well, but this tank is now super established and I really have no idea how many fish are in here. I also have no idea how I am going to go about swapping a new tank in for the old.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
So I was looking back at my thread and wow it has been a long road with a lot of ups and downs! I had no idea that I set this tank up over 5 years ago! Now I need to think about another transition. This one went well, but this tank is now super established and I really have no idea how many fish are in here. I also have no idea how I am going to go about swapping a new tank in for the old.
Whatever you decide to do, I'll be there to help you move it when its time. Let me know what you need and we can figure it out im sure

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Different corner of the room? Bigger tank?
There really is no other place to put the tank. I would put it behind my desk area, but there is that giant expansion joint in the building. Plus I know that there is a significant amount of support under that section of the floor.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I am also thinking about other changes I would like to make. Should I incorporate a series of PVC tubes under the sand and rockwork for the eel? If so do I need to supply water circulation through them to avoid dead zones or would he use them adequately to keep the water moving through them.