Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JCantu31

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mantid;92020 said:
You know by pushing "ctrl + prt sc" you can get a screen shot to copy and past without using your camera to take a screen shot.
That would have been sweet! lol thanks for the lesson.

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
How about this? Thanks chad that works better:) [attachment=59737:name]

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Or you could add an extra banner in there and make the top and bottom banner rotate through the sponsors.

[attachment=59738:name]

Chad made me crazy!

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok i promise its the last one, i added "Marine Aquarium Society Of Colorado" just for kicks:) [attachment=59739:name]

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
i think juan said the macna and masna have to stay where they are

Juan the MASNA and MACNA logos only have to be on your front page. They don't have to be on the everypage and they don't have to be in the header. Go on MASNA and look at all the sites that have speakers coming to see there clubs. I don't see one of them having them in the header. All it says on MASNA is "All societies are limited to one annual participation. Member societies wishing to take advantage of this valuable program must include the current MASNA Logo and current MACNA banner, with the appropriate links, on the front page of their websites." Personally I like what boston did and put the MASNA logo in the footer. Really anymore than a single rotating banner in the header is too much! Check out what Boston has. Which they have a speaker coming too so the same boat MASC is in unless you got some secret MASNA deal! Lol!
http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/content.php

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
^^ Agreed. How about putting it in the footer. The header has been a mess ever since the macna/masna stuff was put there. It really takes away from the professionalism of the site IMO.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
I dig it! From what I understood it needed to be on the homepage, which is why the SCMAS way wouldn't work, but I also understood that it needed to be in the header, but it seems as though that was wrong lol. I'll try the footer!

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
I plan on moving the MACNA and MASNA logos into the footer like has been suggested by the above posters. I believe that will help.

Also, Juan, I would see if they can give you a .png version of the logo without a background. That way it doesn't have the black box around it. If you can't I could turn the logo you got into one if you email it to me.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah, I originally thought you were talking about the new logo since you just said "logo" lol, I thought there might have been something wrong with it haha.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
hurrafreak;92108 said:
Yeah, I originally thought you were talking about the new logo since you just said "logo" lol, I thought there might have been something wrong with it haha.
Less chat more work. We are expecting great things from you Mr President!

Edit: Just razzin you Juan :)

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lol sorry, I doing work at the same time as typing haha! You're "expecting" great things lol. My/out term is up in 4 months, hopefully we can get them done in that time haha.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Better pull up a chair Juan and get comfortable because your going another term whether you like it or not! Who else is thick skinned enough to put up with jerks like me?

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
WrasseAttack;92113 said:
Another idea might be using the same layout other clubs use with a splash page with the MASNA and MACNA logos, general info and then the forum pages with just advertising logos.

Here's an example, it looks clean and professional:

http://www.dfwmas.org/
But then wouldn't we need to change the "splash page" into our homepage. The banners need to be on the homepage is what the MASNA website says.

Splash page is your homepage so yeah if we had a similar layout to the DFWMAS site you could have the MASNA and MACNA banners on the homepage. They have similar features on their homepage as us, just less and it's layed out to be less cluttered.